Are these both Disbars?

Wandering Albatross

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 1, 2024
Messages
884
Reaction score
428
Location
Whidbey Island, WA
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon all, in restocking those lost to my murdering tomini, I added 2 new disbars to my remaining 1, trying to reestablish my trio. My assumption at this point is that the remaining disbar has gone male, but I can’t find clear images of male and female colors side by side do determine for sure. I’ve heard tell that ignitus are sometimes misidentified and sold as disbars and vice versa. Can anyone confirm these are both disbars? The reddish one is one of the new ones, bright orange is the surviving member of the original trio.

IMG_1744.jpeg IMG_1745.jpeg
 
Ideally you would clean both sides of the glass so the fish aren't a blur. It's hard to say what you have.
I recently purchased some Dispar Anthias and one was a Lyretail.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new