Are these Cerith snail eggs?

Euphylliaphyle

Just your average schmo.
View Badges
Joined
Sep 28, 2025
Messages
1,695
Reaction score
2,713
Location
Eastern NC
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have Ceriths, Nassarius (but these don't look like images I have seen), Astreas (but those are broadcast spawners) a single Zebra Turbo (but I don't think it can squeeze into this space), Marginellas (I don't think this mass of eggs can fit into one of their tiny bodies) and Vermetids (but they're sessile, and tiny).
Also, there was a Cerith in the vicinity this morning, so Occam's Razor suggests these are from a Cerith.
Can anyone confirm?
ae973587-0e58-4743-9a69-e50003e97a9e.jpg
 
I have Ceriths, Nassarius (but these don't look like images I have seen), Astreas (but those are broadcast spawners) a single Zebra Turbo (but I don't think it can squeeze into this space), Marginellas (I don't think this mass of eggs can fit into one of their tiny bodies) and Vermetids (but they're sessile, and tiny).
Also, there was a Cerith in the vicinity this morning, so Occam's Razor suggests these are from a Cerith.
Can anyone confirm?
ae973587-0e58-4743-9a69-e50003e97a9e.jpg
Yeah, Cerith snails; Marginella snails (at least some species) lay larger eggs (~1/4 the size of the adult shell) individually, not in strings. For example:
https://www.researchgate.net/figure...rote-1-2-egg-capsule-view-from_fig1_357573667
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new