Are these Darth Maul Zoas?

skysoblue987

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 31, 2017
Messages
126
Reaction score
67
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I won a nice WYSIWYG Darth Maul with 2 polyps from a WWC live sale in February. Apparently someone messed up and sent out my WYSIWYG frag to another person. When my shipment arrived I noticed my "Darth Maul" only have 1 polyps so I contacted them. They apologize and sent me a 3 polyps "Darth Maul". Neither of them resemble a Darth Maul at all.

IMG_1277.JPG
 
Lighting spectrum and intensity can change the look and pattern of the polyp.

It was like that since day 1. It was healthy and opened up within a couple hours and I don't see the Darth Maul patterns at all.
 
It's like utter chaos, high intensity gives a solid pattern compared to low light where the pattern breaks up. From the search I've done it seems the Darth mauls act the same way. There nice no matter the name IMO
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new