• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Are these dime to quarter size??

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Jhav89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sold to me as "dime to quarter size". I feel like I received tissue samples.

Am I being impatient here or will these "og jawbreakers" expand 20x their size to be remotely close to that?

20220721_103650.jpg

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sold to me as "dime to quarter size". I feel like I received tissue samples.

Am I being impatient here or will these "og jawbreakers" expand 20x their size to be remotely close to that?

20220721_103650.jpg
I have never seen dime to quarter size shrooms come in that small. @Lost in the Sauce @F i s h y have either of you ever seen that? Kind of looks like foot boogers that got shipped to the OP.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to tell when they are shrunken up in a shipping cup. Get them acclimated and in your system and see how big they get.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely Not quarter sized. No way in heck. Dime .. maybe...

I'm looking at a few curled up JB'S right now and they are still half sized.

I would be more irritated at the way they came in. Breakers are notoriously hard to get attached to a substrate. I don't even know how I would go about introducing those without the risk of them being swept off by current...

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely Not quarter sized. No way in heck. Dime .. maybe...

I'm looking at a few curled up JB'S right now and they are still half sized.

I would be more irritated at the way they came in. Breakers are notoriously hard to get attached to a substrate. I don't even know how I would go about introducing those without the risk of them being swept off by current...
This...

tankstudy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would put it in your tank and see how big they get. Jawbreakers will also regulate their expansion size based on how much light is present as well.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have the JB orange glow, but they are literally tissue samples...
Seriously, I would put some coral sand /rubble in the containers they came in and sink them to the bottom of my tank and hope that they attach. Try to make something good out of this situation, those polyps are not to blame for what the seller did. They might be really nice in about 18 years?

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have the JB orange glow, but they are literally tissue samples...
The issue here is going to be getting them to attach to something and not just be blown all over the tank. While they are more than likely some foot boogers that have formed and look like a tiny shroom, JB are the worst at getting to attach to something. At least they are for me.

If you have a way to make a small box or something that can sit in your aquarium, in an area with almost no to very flow and some rubble or calcium reactor media in there, You may be able to get them to attach to it and then let them grow out a bit. (low to no flow , I mean inside the actual container you use. You want water to be able to go across the top, etc., but not to blow them around in the container)

OP
OP
Jhav89

Jhav89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20220722_125536.jpg

Here they are a little over 24 hours later. You can see the one that is dime size in background for size reference, they are barely larger than a grain of sand... I do not have any hope of these expanding to a dime. IF I can get them attached I will feel like a pulled a miracle.

Placed them in a 4oz deli cup with multiple holes all throughout in about 45-55 par(checked with apogee).

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 14 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 31 17.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 116 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.4%
Back