Are these lenses any good?

  • Thread starter Thread starter 650-IS350
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
That's not a TRUE macro lens. A true macro will get you 1:1 magnification.
What's you budget? If you aren't restricted by money(which it looks like you're not) I would opt for the Nikkor 105mm macro. From what I've read it's an amazing lens.
 
Agree with Edwing. I have the Sigma 24-70 lens. It's excellent, but that macro label is marketing garbage. If you want to do macro/closeup photography, you need a true macro lens and the best focal length, if you are going to own just one lens, is in the 100-mm range. The Nikon lens is, no doubt, excellent. If money is a consideration, look at the Sigma EX105 and the Tamron 90.
Gary
 
If you aren't restricted by money , somewhat, restricted. some funds going to Rims I'm getting for my Lexus. and planning to get a good Trip pod as well ( opinions would be welcome on good ones too )

Thanks for the response, I'll look into the Sigma EX105 and Tamron 90. I wouldn't have to use extension tubes on these would I?
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new