Are these torches?

piscesgirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First, I’m sorry about the blue lighting. I’ll do my best to describe them, for the best response. I received these from a guy that said I was receiving a torch, and I know the one on the left is that. But, can you tell me if the center and right ones are torches as well? The center is gold with beautiful blue tips. The one on the right is a half and half. One half is blue with neon green tips and the other half is blue with lighter blue tips.
Thank you in advance! And again, I apologize for the difficult lighting.

IMG_4489.jpeg

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think @Troylee is right about the center one.

The other two looks like torches to me! :) Nice pieces you have your hands on there, just added them to the tank now? :)

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure sand isn't blowing on them. They don't like that.

OP
OP
piscesgirl

piscesgirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think @Troylee is right about the center one.

The other two looks like torches to me! :) Nice pieces you have your hands on there, just added them to the tank now? :)
Thank you, I added them 2 days ago :) I traded an older Radion xr30 for 12 small corals. Everyone is happy so far and I was able to identify them and learn about what makes them happy, but was unsure of these guys.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, I added them 2 days ago :) I traded an older Radion xr30 for 12 small corals. Everyone is happy so far and I was able to identify them and learn about what makes them happy, but was unsure of these guys.
Very nice! :star-struck: I am happy for you! New coral day is such a good- and daunting day! :D

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, would they be happier if they were mounted onto a rock? Or placed in a crevice?
Mounted on a rock away from the sand. Medium light and medium flow! :) If you don't have access to a PAR (i keep mine at abt. 150 PAR) meter, I'd recommend somewhere mid-level in your tank out of direct flow.

OP
OP
piscesgirl

piscesgirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mounted on a rock away from the sand. Medium light and medium flow! :) If you don't have access to a PAR (i keep mine at abt. 150 PAR) meter, I'd recommend somewhere mid-level in your tank out of direct flow.
Ok, I will find a good spot for them. I appreciate y'all so much!
I have a small question about a shroom I received. She is a discosoma but didn’t come attached to a rock. I tried to glue her down, but she came loose last night. Is there a trick to adhering mushrooms?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a small question about a shroom I received. She is a discosoma but didn’t come attached to a rock. I tried to glue her down, but she came loose last night. Is there a trick to adhering mushrooms?
They can roam like a nem from my experience and will find a home

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a small plastic container and fill it with rock rubble. Put the mushroom in it and set it in an area in your tank with very little flow. It can take up to a week but it will attach to a piece of rock rubble that you can glue to your rock scape.

OP
OP
piscesgirl

piscesgirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a small plastic container and fill it with rock rubble. Put the mushroom in it and set it in an area in your tank with very little flow. It can take up to a week but it will attach to a piece of rock rubble that you can glue to your rock scape.
Great idea! I have just the spot and a ton of rubble. Thank you!

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep torch away from other corals and euphillia (hammers frogspawn etc) they will sting and kill a ton of coral
Torches are euphyllia. Frogspawn and hammers are fimbriaphyllia.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 156 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back