Are these two wrasses both C. Isosceles?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Joined
Sep 1, 2021
Messages
20,633
Reaction score
34,651
Location
United Kingdom (England)
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LFS has two wrasse - 1 has certainly got blood of C. isosceles in however the other I’m assuming it is. The LFS has no clue on the second, or if the first is a hybrid Isosceles x Lunatus.
Here’s the first one:
2B7D7336-8AD9-4561-8478-A6F4F7ED4021.jpeg

And the second:
A0F89F75-17BE-4971-9AE4-CCEF41F7EB93.jpeg
 
second one is the one to buy….
looks african.

could be a diamond tail or a kwazulu
hard to tell from pics
 
second one is the one to buy….
looks african.

could be a diamond tail or a kwazulu
hard to tell from pics
yeah, he said that the second was from africa
Here’s a slightly better image of it
C21C0E48-A98C-4F62-8555-16E3ABB8571B.jpeg
 
Last edited:
I’m actually getting closer to it being a diamond tail flasher, if it is (I said it may be a c. Naokoae female earlier so it may be sold as that) if it’s still there next week and it’s sold as a naokoae fairy, I’ll try grab it. VERY pretty as males
 
Okay, I found a video and zoomed in on her tail - Is this an indicator to Diamond tail flasher??
A263680B-2C27-4C41-ABF5-45381055C652.jpeg
 
I’ve seen other indicators on it being a flasher aswell:
- Her body isn’t curved like the normal fairy wrasse look, and yes I know most fairys have this (I own 4 fairy wrasse, 2 are Lubbock’s, 1 is a Scott’s, 1 is a naoko)
- Her dorsal fin wasn’t constantly flapping like the normal fairy wrasse look either
 
I’ve seen other indicators on it being a flasher aswell:
- Her body isn’t curved like the normal fairy wrasse look, and yes I know most fairys have this (I own 4 fairy wrasse, 2 are Lubbock’s, 1 is a Scott’s, 1 is a naoko)
- Her dorsal fin wasn’t constantly flapping like the normal fairy wrasse look either
She swims more like a flasher than a fairy aswell
 
I would say the bottom could be a female naoko but females don’t have red heads so maybe it’s a female kenyan
 
The second one is a female C. africanus.
Thanks for the definite identification - I don’t find Kenyans quite as nice as other wrasses from Africa so I’ll probably avoid her, plus they have a male Kenyan in the tank right next to her and I only have room for one more wrasse so I may end up with a pintail if it goes for a reasonable price tag
 
Thanks for the definite identification - I don’t find Kenyans quite as nice as other wrasses from Africa so I’ll probably avoid her, plus they have a male Kenyan in the tank right next to her and I only have room for one more wrasse so I may end up with a pintail if it goes for a reasonable price tag
The Kenyans (we call them Kwazulus here) are uncommon, but I agree I like the Pintails more.
 
The Kenyans (we call them Kwazulus here) are uncommon, but I agree I like the Pintails more.
Yeah, and even if I was to go with the africanus I’d probably have to keep the naoko in the nano or give it back - I have had this naoko for around 6 months, it’d be hard to give him back
 
the first one looks like my splendid pintail fairy wrasse
 
the first one looks like my splendid pintail fairy wrasse
Yeah, it definitely has blood of a splendid however the LFS said it could also be a hybrid - C. lunatus x C. isosceles
 
I would have to see under whites cuz that looks just like mine lol sorry for bad pics he doesn't like to sit still
20211001_085020.jpg
20211001_085027.jpg
 
I would have to see under whites cuz that looks just like mine lol sorry for bad pics he doesn't like to sit still
20211001_085020.jpg
20211001_085027.jpg
They’re so nice looking, I’m tempted on it if it’s there tomorrow. Just the risk on the Scott’s (Although, I did manage to successfully add a lubbocki that now flashes every night and pulls an awesome display ever time)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new