Are they good?

Pecesito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We didn’t buy this flowers they showed up. Are they good ? Bad ?
image.jpg

BranchingHammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are green star polyps. There are a soft coral and they are fine to be in your tank. They grow relatively quickly and produce large green "lawns" of polyps. Many people isolate them on their own rock away from other corals because they grow so fast. If you are just planning on having soft corals, then it is fine to have them on the main rock structure, but I would recommend that you isolate them when they start growing. How old is your tank?

BranchingHammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any other corals in your tank? They seem to be pretty happy since they are extending, and they are definitely one of the easier corals to keep as well.

OP
OP
Pecesito

Pecesito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I have many corals.
and about that I have a problem with this pink one that was happy and now doesn’t want come out and getting white. Any recommendations?
846187A5-C1D3-4904-AF23-29A855AAF139.jpeg

BranchingHammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There could be many issues... what are your parameters? (List alkalinity, calcium, salinity, magnesium, phosphate, nitrate, and ph, and temperature if you have the test kits). It’s important to keep the parameters in natural salt water ranges, but more importantly is keeping them stable. With such a young tank that is hard, and I had many corals die on me in the beginning stages of my tank, but if you keep everything stable, you should be fine. Additionally, how big is the tank, what is your lighting and flow?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back