Are this montipora eating nudibranch marks?

juanmanuelsanchez

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 19, 2017
Messages
324
Reaction score
61
What state or country do you live in
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all.

Well I'm starting to see signs of a pest in my corals. Could this be marks of NEM?

What could be a useful in tank treatment?

Thanks for the help.
img_20210218_222952-jpg.2040236


IMG_20210218_222952.jpg
IMG_20210220_172253.jpg
 
Have you seen them? I found them on my corals super early in the morning before any lights came on. They were all lined up along the edge. I hope it's not, because they are not fun to battle. I lost most of my montis while trying to isolate, qt, and treat.
 
Yes I have see them. But those marks are not like the ones of the nudi. I say this because usually they go from a edge eating it... So you see a big white patch that usually starts to increase in size.

This is nothing like that...
 
What are your parameters? That is going to be the first things the bigger brains want to know when they get off work and start answering questions. Might as well pre-empt it. :)
 
Do you have an urchin or limpet or something in your tank?

The shape of the marks looks like maybe a more common thing.

-Andrew
 
Thanks for the answers. My parameters are in this Pic. Thank God for apex and trident

I don't have an urchin. At least not in the main tank. I have 2 in the sump...

No limpet or anything like it
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_2021-02-22-15-38-05-582_com.neptunesystems.apexfusion.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-02-22-15-38-05-582_com.neptunesystems.apexfusion.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 94

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new