Are you a coral collector or keeper?

xrxzcx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I buy corals, I like to buy things I already have so I know I can grow them and have ended up with what I consider a collection of 50 something different zoas and 24 different gonis for the fact of seeking out higher end stuff lately. At the beginning I was more going for quantity of corals then now I’m going for quality. I think I’m in the middle of a collector and a keeper because I find the maintenance side of the tank equipment and water quality fulfilling and collecting unusual fragments is bring more interest into the background of coral coloration with different minor elements. This is a tough question to ask myself.

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you consider yourself a collector of corals or a keeper of corals?

For me I think I had more "joy" in the hobby when I went from trying to collect to just "keeping" what I had to the best of my ability.

I am a keeper and sharer... I am not interested in status. Only a handful of people near me would even recognize the difference between a Duncan and a Nem. For me it is about the experience of maintaining a healthy ecosystem, not about any status that a collection would gain.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back