Aren't regal angels just awesome!

  • Thread starter Thread starter loumaggs
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
image.jpg
Good video. I might also add that hikari makes an angel formula that is amazing as well. I feed both. I find that hikari version has more sponge.

Finding pineapple sponge from display tank to add during qt is a great way to get them eating while you struggle to get them eating prepared foods and frozen.

Blackworms are THE go to for both Red Sea regal Angels I have had.

My current regal, Goliath is roughly 8" and eats like a pig.

This is a VERY fragile fish and should be left in the ocean for most hobbyists as it requires fantastic husbandry.

Great video and easily my favorite angel. I own probably 10 different species of angel, or close to it. All of which I consider gems of the angel world!
 
Nice job. Such a "regal" fish :-) I would never own one though, I like my LPS corals too much!
 
Nice job. Such a "regal" fish :) I would never own one though, I like my LPS corals too much!
We will see how mine treats them!

It will be worth it if she eats them it's so gorgeous. Plus I have another tank I could add her to.
 
image.jpg
Good video. I might also add that hikari makes an angel formula that is amazing as well. I feed both. I find that hikari version has more sponge.

Finding pineapple sponge from display tank to add during qt is a great way to get them eating while you struggle to get them eating prepared foods and frozen.

Blackworms are THE go to for both Red Sea regal Angels I have had.

My current regal, Goliath is roughly 8" and eats like a pig.

This is a VERY fragile fish and should be left in the ocean for most hobbyists as it requires fantastic husbandry.

Great video and easily my favorite angel. I own probably 10 different species of angel, or close to it. All of which I consider gems of the angel world!
He's stunning!
 
Mine has been eating pellets right off the bat and has been super easy so far. A little more shy than the juvenile emperor that is his/her best friend. The emperor will eat out of my hand but the regal stays back about 3-4 inches. I just love them to death. Between the regal and the emperor I have zero want to add any more fish. Kinda stinks because they are in a 240 gallon aquarium but only 4 fish due to me being scared to introduce new tank mates. Neither of them have nipped at any of the coral. I feel super lucky in that regard.
 
Yet another great video! Really informative about this fish. The best looking of the Angels IMO. Looks like someone is getting a little more comfortable in front of the camera too;)
 
Info pacific version^ looks totally different, very cool.

Different enough that I almost want one for a different tank!
 
Mine has been eating pellets right off the bat and has been super easy so far. A little more shy than the juvenile emperor that is his/her best friend. The emperor will eat out of my hand but the regal stays back about 3-4 inches. I just love them to death. Between the regal and the emperor I have zero want to add any more fish. Kinda stinks because they are in a 240 gallon aquarium but only 4 fish due to me being scared to introduce new tank mates. Neither of them have nipped at any of the coral. I feel super lucky in that regard.
Nice to hear a success story
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new