Arizona Reefers?

saltnewb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed there aren't many Arizona reefers on here. Are you here and just quiet or am I talking to an empty room?

OP
OP
saltnewb

saltnewb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just wondering what's been going on with Az. Always see posts for CTAR and started to think the majority of users were east coast.

OP
OP
saltnewb

saltnewb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh and I saw your post for when you sold your 240g a couple years back. Made me wish I was on the forums at that time, because that was an amazing deal.

OP
OP
saltnewb

saltnewb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the group gatherings, but I live in the west valley, pass the 101, so driving to the location of the meetings wouldn't work for me [emoji25]

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not? I live in the north west valley, north of the 101, getting there isn't the problem with me, its finding the time to get in and drive it.

OP
OP
saltnewb

saltnewb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be the same issue for me. The issue is I have two little ones at home, 4 and 2, and my wife works and doesn't get home until 630. I can't expect her to get home from work, with the boys, and to do everything from dinner to bed time by herself. I know the meetings are once a month or whatever, but we have other stuff going on as well that limit additional evening meetings.

gojk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in AZ, but I moved out of the valley 3 years ago. I still have my reef and I am planning a larger reef soon.

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW, next month's FRAG meeting (June 10th) will be a special event at Studio Blue (out on the westside) with a presentation by yours truly. It may be a sneak peak at my MACNA presentation. ;)

azbigjohn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW, next month's FRAG meeting (June 10th) will be a special event at Studio Blue (out on the westside) with a presentation by yours truly. It may be a sneak peak at my MACNA presentation. ;)

I was about to ask what you were presenting on... I've only seen one talk by you before, but it was awesome... I'm just stoked it is out west, but, to be honest, studio blue is rather far west for me... I think it is still a little closer than Pranksters, but it is close...

Extra bonus, I am off!

OP
OP
saltnewb

saltnewb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll have to look it up. I might be able to attend.

OP
OP
saltnewb

saltnewb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just double checked the date and I'm already schedule for that afternoon/evening. I play pickleball about 2 miles from there at the Surprise Complex

Stolireef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the group is a little more active on Reef Central but most of us go to both R2R and RC. BTW, the reef club events are very family friendly. We always have a few munchkins running around.

BigPanda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys - new to saltwater tanks. I should be starting up my little 20gallon long tank this weekend.
I lurk here, ReefCentral and the nano-reef forums.
I'm out in Chandler.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back