OP
OP
saltnewb

saltnewb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks nice indeed. What equipment are you running? Are you getting stuff from Discount Aquarium?

Kareem K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I got from discount - rocks too but the Tonga shelves were from BRS. I'll probably shop there exclusively, Chris the owner has earned my complete trust.

Its not running yet - hopefully tomorrow. I don't have much equipment no skimmer yet and the sump is completely empty. I didn't realize I could cycle so quickly (1-2 days) with the startsmart bottle (according to Chris). I had expected to be cycling for the next few weeks.

For now it's just a basic powerhead,return pump, and lights are the AI Sol blue x3.

OP
OP
saltnewb

saltnewb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. I️ like that shop too. There are some other shops around that are really nice as well, but for used equipment they are the best.

Rick's Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just found this forum recently. And after several months just got my 150 setup.
69895dadaa120121baf458ec7972737b.heic

ReefSapper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just found this part of R2R, I live in Gilbert and just wanted to say hello. Currently running an SCA 50g tank, started in early December so very new with limited stocking thus far. I frequent AZ Reef Monsters and The Pet Shop, both super close to my house, for any LFS needs and really like both shops, would be curious to hear what everyone's favorite shop around the valley is.

OP
OP
saltnewb

saltnewb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find myself at Deep Blue and SaltWater Junkies. When I venture out I’ll hit up Ocean Floor, 10$ frag Club, and Discount Aquarium.

ReefSapper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will have to check Deep Blue out, i went to SaltWater Junkies and was less than impressed but more than half of the systems were dry, they must be remodeling or downsizing. What is $10 frag club?

ReefSapper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool Matthew, have you been to any of the East Valley stores yet? How far along is your build?

OP
OP
saltnewb

saltnewb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will have to check Deep Blue out, i went to SaltWater Junkies and was less than impressed but more than half of the systems were dry, they must be remodeling or downsizing. What is $10 frag club?

That’s weird that their systems were dry. I was just there last weekend and everything is full and running. 10$ frag club is a group in Ocean Floor that sells frags for $10. They usually post on Facebook ad first to claim gets the frag.

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New to the Surprise area but not new to reefing. I'm currently setting up a Red Sea Reefer 750 XXL. I'm in Surprise Farms. Any other reefers way out by me?

TMB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New to the Surprise area but not new to reefing. I'm currently setting up a Red Sea Reefer 750 XXL. I'm in Surprise Farms. Any other reefers way out by me?

Welcome to AZ! The reefer 750XXL is a sweet set up, hope you share pics with us. I would say I'm close by, but East Mesa is hardly close.:)
It's too bad this city is so spread out, lots of cool people here, just lots of distance.

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks TMB, I'll start a build thread soon. Lots of work to do before it gets wet...

TangingOut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'm in N. Scottsdale so also the other side of town. Just hang out at studio blue and you'll meet some reefers on that side of town.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.6%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 80 47.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 52 31.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back