ARK Reef Rock

Ruzoko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was needing some rock for my tank ive had running for over 3 years now, bought some ARK Reef Rock DRY Aragonite Base to use since it was pressure washed cleaned etc etc and they say its safe for established tanks without leeching anything. I rinsed with rodi and let sit in the water for a few hrs, rerinsed with fresh rodi and tossed in the tank. So far everything is fine but my protein skimmer has gone nuts, I have no idea what is seeping off the rock but my skimmer has been hard to keep under control since the rock was added 2 days ago. Debating pulling the rock out and cycling it in bucket but defeats purpose of buying sadly since I needed it immediately. Any thoughts on this?

Jon's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Check your phosphate. When I’ve added similar rock it caused phosphate to jump from <0.1 to 1-2. After running GFO for about 3-4 weeks the algae has subsided and phos at 0.1. I soaked the rock in rodi for 5 days before putting it in (100% daily water change)

OP
OP
Ruzoko

Ruzoko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bumpin thread, got 40 lbs of this stuff and currently my phos reading for it is over .90 ppm cant even get a reading currently. Has 0 ammonia, nitrite, or nitrate, but that phosphate reading is insane. Should I just keep doing daily 100% RO water changes til it drops under 0.1?

Back