ARKA doser?

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone used this dosing pump. It seems like a really good unit with built in stirrer. The reason I am considering this is mainly because of the mixer. Pretty much all the premixed alk/calcium additives (red sea, seachem) say to shake well. This leads me to believe that I wouldn't be getting consistent dosing due to settling.

So has anyone used it, is it accurate?
https://reefbuilders.com/2014/12/04/arka-vida-dosing-computer-ready-deployment/

https://www.whitecorals.com/en/-mic...ter-4-channel-dosing-pump-main-module-ml-vgtm

Last edited:

Ridgeway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I have one and yes it is accurate, you can calibrate it (like most dosers). I didn't find it that easy to set up as the programming does take some getting used to.

The reverse pumping feature is nice as is the mixing but keep in mind that's pretty noisy.

OP
OP
jasonrusso

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I have one and yes it is accurate, you can calibrate it (like most dosers). I didn't find it that easy to set up as the programming does take some getting used to.

The reverse pumping feature is nice as is the mixing but keep in mind that's pretty noisy.
Which one is noisy? The mixing pump? What did you use for a container?

Ridgeway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine came with the unit, like this:

Screen Shot 2018-02-20 at 23.40.28.png

OP
OP
jasonrusso

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad I went with this one. I had already bought a coral box, but it is going back.

Mine doesn't come with containers, so I'll have to fabricate something.

Ridgeway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think standard 500ml bottles that are often used fit the base well. If you at some of the pictures of the Area you see it with the Microbe Lift products on them, directly in their bottles. Might be worth seeing if there's something you can re-purpose.

OP
OP
jasonrusso

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Have you had any issues with the doser not working after you change a setting? Mine was working fine until I changed the dosing schedule from every 6 hours to every 5. It showed the next dosage time correctly but didn't actually dose. I set it again, and now it seems to be working.

Ridgeway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No i haven't had such an issue although to be fair the unit isn't used that much and I haven't made too many adjustments so far but it has worked well

OP
OP
jasonrusso

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think standard 500ml bottles that are often used fit the base well. If you at some of the pictures of the Area you see it with the Microbe Lift products on them, directly in their bottles. Might be worth seeing if there's something you can re-purpose.
Finally got the bottles yesterday! They were on backorder for months!
9cb0ffc9f702208f1aeeae8c43336ba5.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back