Armageddons...

gioNVA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow nice Marvin. I had a pretty big colony that melted. Probably my all time favorite paly.

Stray32

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a thought, but it sounds like these only have a habit of melting once they have established a sizable colony. I wonder if there is anything to this, ie should they be fragged at a certain point in their growth into smaller frags or mini colonies? Could it be competition for nutrients when the colony is large, causing their demise? Hmmmmm....

Supreme Reefs

Zoa Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe keep fragging them and keep several small colonies rather than 1 big colony where most of them are connected together....?

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a thought, but it sounds like these only have a habit of melting once they have established a sizable colony. I wonder if there is anything to this, ie should they be fragged at a certain point in their growth into smaller frags or mini colonies? Could it be competition for nutrients when the colony is large, causing their demise? Hmmmmm....
I've decided that my biggest colony with high end z's & p's will be 20-30 polyps... that's it!!! I've lost many many big colonies of high end z's & p's throughout my almost 5 years of collecting them... it's nice to see a huge huge colony of the nice stuff but it's more sad to look at the same huge colony slowly dwindle into nothing... at least with multiple mini colonies, there's a better chance of always having them... just something to think about... ;)

cultivatedcoral

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We had had them for over 4 years until our orange spot rabbit took a liking to them. They were grown out from 2 polyps to over 700 polyps. We were then wholesaling them out to Cali a couple of years ago. Never had a melting issue.

One of our customers still has a bunch growing from our original colony. So one day we will get them back.

browse.php

OP
OP
teddyb

teddyb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad that they are out there... Hopefully I can get a frag soon.

JR's Reef

Joey08
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine finally showed up. They where suppose to be here by 10:30 and got here at 3:45. Ill get a pic later

Lazys Coral House

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this thread referring to Tyree Armageddon's?
The reason I ask is I have Tyree Armageddon's and the pics in this thread don’t look the same as what I have.

JR's Reef

Joey08
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no more pics?

Ive not had a chance. Its so bad I cant even see in the tank the glass is so nasty. Ill try later this weekend

Is this thread referring to Tyree Armageddon's?
The reason I ask is I have Tyree Armageddon's and the pics in this thread don’t look the same as what I have.

I cant say if mine are Tyree or not. Its like most zoas now there way to hard to track linage unless you by them direct from the person that named them.

nicks387

Premium member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a colony of about 20 polyps of the originals, fragged 2 polyps for a friend and a week later they were all melted...

nicks387

Premium member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone has true armageddons shoot me a pm. I would love to try them again, I can trade or pay cash.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 16 11.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 39 28.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back