Armageddons...

Lazys Coral House

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I posted this I was referring to the original Armageddons.
But yours are pretty sweet too. They look like they could actually be what is commonly known as Devil's Armor.

Mine are AE Armageddon II Next Generation Palythoas and I have the invoice from Steve Tyree at Reeffarmers to prove lineage. :smile:

Stray32

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine are AE Armageddon II Next Generation Palythoas and I have the invoice from Steve Tyree at Reeffarmers to prove lineage. :smile:

Call em what you want, but they aren't even close to the True Armageddon. So the color morphs on a Devils Armor and it becomes the Next Generation Armageddon with Tyree's name hangin on it? Don't get me started...

thomasdo87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it did upset me when I bought the "Tyree Armageddon II" like a year or 2 ago i dont remember. I wanted Armageddons and they were like the Originals and the Tyree are the same blah blah blah and when I got them i was furious because the 75 dollar polyp was the same thing as my 15 for like 10 polyp frag of Devil's Armor or whatever you want to call them.

650-IS350

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO they're just a morph of Devils Armor with a new name on it.. but that's just me

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I kept the read deal Armageddons for several years until my purple tang decided to eat my frag. Then I got a colony of 20+ and a colony of 30+ and they just eventually melted away. :(

I want to try some again as well if anyone has a frag.

armeggedon.jpg

Stray32

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My few polyps are doing well, they have actually morphed quite nicely have amazing color. I will post an updated pic when I get a chance.

Last edited:

Stray32

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you guys say they eventually melted...what's the time frame? Was it week/months/years after you acquired the colony?

650-IS350

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The couple times I tried, some with in weeks gone some doing well for months starting to grow into a small colony then bang.... closed up one day then gone the next or 2 days....

Stray32

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The couple times I tried, some with in weeks gone some doing well for months starting to grow into a small colony then bang.... closed up one day then gone the next or 2 days....

Hmmm, there definitely seems to be a pattern of colonies rather than frags melting. I wonder if there is anything to that...

Lazys Coral House

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Call em what you want, but they aren't even close to the True Armageddon. So the color morphs on a Devils Armor and it becomes the Next Generation Armageddon with Tyree's name hangin on it? Don't get me started...

I didn't name them, Steve Tyree did and whether it was a devils armor that steve had and he decided to name them Armageddon II, only he knows that.
When you say "true" armagedon what lineage are you reffering to? That is what I was asking in my original post because mine where also named Armageddon by steve where they were purchased from and they don't look like the same as the others posted in this thread. I wasn't contesting that the others are not Armageddon just that they are obviously not from the same colony mine are from.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Like the big colonies melted within a week.

Stray32

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't name them, Steve Tyree did and whether it was a devils armor that steve had and he decided to name them Armageddon II, only he knows that.
When you say "true" armagedon what lineage are you reffering to? That is what I was asking in my original post because mine where also named Armageddon by steve where they were purchased from and they don't look like the same as the others posted in this thread. I wasn't contesting that the others are not Armageddon just that they are obviously not from the same colony mine are from.

According to Zoaid, I think the original colony came from Who Dah? (original photographer at least).

The issue I have with the "Tyree Armaggedon" is that it doesnt exhibit a single characteristic of the original. It was originally named because the center looks like an exploding planet (Tyree's does not). The original has a DEEP red disk with black around the mouth (Tyree's is blue and pink). My point is, and I think others agree), is that someone took a Devils Armor morph and called it the New Armaggedon for marketing purposes, since the original were so difficult to find and keep, when it clearly doesnt deserve such a distinguished name.

** I am not starting a debate about coral pricing again, just simply stated my opinion on this particular zoa **

OP
OP
teddyb

teddyb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rev that is a nice picture. So good it almost looks fake.

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a colony of ~ 20 or so. I hope they don't melt!

I guess I'll have to get a picture of them to make sure I have something if they do melt on my :)

Where do you guys place them. I have mine in low light and they don't look look as nice as Marvin's old ones. Mine are super bright, but the center is filled in more.

I have a rock with all four of these on it. I can't wait till it fills in and grows out.

Armageddons
Armor of God
Devils Armor
Reverse Watermelons

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
LMK if you ever have a frag available!

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LMK if you ever have a frag available!

Will do. I'm still trying to work with them as far as color and light placement. After they grow to the sides of the frag disc I'll probably frag them.

vietcu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to Zoaid, I think the original colony came from Who Dah? (original photographer at least).

The issue I have with the "Tyree Armaggedon" is that it doesnt exhibit a single characteristic of the original. It was originally named because the center looks like an exploding planet (Tyree's does not). The original has a DEEP red disk with black around the mouth (Tyree's is blue and pink). My point is, and I think others agree), is that someone took a Devils Armor morph and called it the New Armaggedon for marketing purposes, since the original were so difficult to find and keep, when it clearly doesnt deserve such a distinguished name.

** I am not starting a debate about coral pricing again, just simply stated my opinion on this particular zoa **

I like Lazylivin also have the Tyree armageddon 2, I didn't pay $75 for them though. The color on them are amazing although not ever close to the true Armageddons. I will post up some comparison pictures later on tonight. I don't think they are a morph to Devil's armor as the color are 100 times brighter in person. Pictures doesn't do any justice to the Tyrees ;).
Tyree armageddon II
Zoanthid047.jpg

Devil's Armour or AOG whichever you prefer. I have another morph of this but do not have pics yet.
Zoanthid049.jpg

Last edited:

cultivatedcoral

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jared,

Actually, here is the info who originated the Armageddons from zoaid:
Custom Fields
ID: Armageddon
Original Namer: Bryan of Pure Captive
Story Behind Zoa: A planet is blowing up in the center of this paly - if you look close enough... Armageddon!

I can confirm this as I acquired 1-2 polyps of Armageddons from Pure Captive a/k/a The Living Reef (I believe that was their name) here in Florida back around 2004-2005.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 56 40.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 16 11.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 40 28.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back