Arrest RTN?

  • Thread starter Thread starter maxtek
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

maxtek

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 25, 2018
Messages
82
Reaction score
56
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All parameters are stable. I have one acro colony that is RTNing from a shaded tip. I was thinking of dipping the coral in iodine after trimming the effected tip. Will this succeed? Any better ideas?

2AFE097A-D0D3-4023-AA21-43286CAD1AD6.jpeg
 
Since this post is almost 2 weeks old, have you solved your issue? If so, how did you end up doing it?
 
Since this post is almost 2 weeks old, have you solved your issue? If so, how did you end up doing it?
I ended up trimming off the afflicted area and then fragmenting the remainder of the colony into 5 pieces. The fragment that was closest to the RTN seemed to “catch” it and died, but the other four are fine. I mounted them back into the rock near where the original colony was.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new