Arrow Crab Help

AAReef13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having a bristle worm problem in my reef I've seen good and bad things about the arrow crab. I picked one up and he is only maybe 2 inches from side to side (I know that's pretty small), and I was wondering if I will have a problem with him. I've got some slow-moving fish like a mandarin, cleaner goby, and a pink-streaked wrasse as well as hermits and some smaller snails. I've got the arrow crab in a smaller tank while I get more thoughts. What should I do?

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the cryptic or as you call it , pink striped wrasse since it sleeps in little crevasse’s would be a concern . Personally I picked up a melanares wrasse which keeps them under control for me and if getting another fish isn’t to your liking then I would suggest a bristle worm trap . Good luck :cool:

OP
OP
A

AAReef13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the cryptic or as you call it , pink striped wrasse since it sleeps in little crevasse’s would be a concern . Personally I picked up a melanares wrasse which keeps them under control for me and if getting another fish isn’t to your liking then I would suggest a bristle worm trap . Good luck :cool:
Just bought a bristleworm trap! I’ll update in a week.

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having a bristle worm problem in my reef I've seen good and bad things about the arrow crab. I picked one up and he is only maybe 2 inches from side to side (I know that's pretty small), and I was wondering if I will have a problem with him. I've got some slow-moving fish like a mandarin, cleaner goby, and a pink-streaked wrasse as well as hermits and some smaller snails. I've got the arrow crab in a smaller tank while I get more thoughts. What should I do?
He will not stay small for long. Mine is 8 inches across in a few months, started about 3 inches. He is in my 40 breeder sump now after he killed a few of my peppermint shrimp. They are way cool though. I love mine. Why do you think you have a bristle worm problem? Free clean up crew.

OP
OP
A

AAReef13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He will not stay small for long. Mine is 8 inches across in a few months, started about 3 inches. He is in my 40 breeder sump now after he killed a few of my peppermint shrimp. They are way cool though. I love mine. Why do you think you have a bristle worm problem? Free clean up crew.
Could potentially be overfeeding. I've noticed the tang moves very fast while eating and scares the other fish.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 97 76.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back