Art Reef Rock - Review

AquaTiger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased a few custom reef rock scapes from Art Reef Rocks. They are a newer up comer in the world of artificial reef rocks. I must say, I was a little weary at first as there wasn't much info on ARR. The worry was for nothing, Cris was incredible to work with. He kept in touch throughout the 3- week turn around.

The rock is made of aragonite, some crushed reef rock bonded with reef cement and clear acrylic rods. Each scape is 100% modular with every piece attached by the acrylic rods. You can attach each rock section without any glue however, if you prefer for a more permanent scape you can use a bit of super glue on the rods to hold it in place. While this is great it doesn’t leave you with the option of adding on or removing pieces as your tank needs change. I choose not to use glue.

I purchased 3 scapes and the packaging was the best yet. Not a single broken piece! That is pretty dang impressive considering it was shipped from the Philippians. “Arrived in only 4 days” Each modular section was bubbled wrapped like 6 times, which led to the lack of broken pieces. It took about 5 minutes to build each scape. Every section was labeled making building the scape impressively easy.

If you are in the market for unique custom reef rock designs, you need to give Art Reef Rocks a shot. Beautiful scapes, priced competitively, packaged well and shipped fast.

For the record, I was not compensated for this review. I was so impressed I wanted to share. If you have any questions or comments let me know.

20210608_175650.jpg 20210608_175701.jpg 20210608_175708.jpg 20210608_175716.jpg 20210608_182630.jpg

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let us know how the long term use goes

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's pretty awesome. But what about cost?

Paston1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased a few custom reef rock scapes from Art Reef Rocks. They are a newer up comer in the world of artificial reef rocks. I must say, I was a little weary at first as there wasn't much info on ARR. The worry was for nothing, Cris was incredible to work with. He kept in touch throughout the 3- week turn around.

The rock is made of aragonite, some crushed reef rock bonded with reef cement and clear acrylic rods. Each scape is 100% modular with every piece attached by the acrylic rods. You can attach each rock section without any glue however, if you prefer for a more permanent scape you can use a bit of super glue on the rods to hold it in place. While this is great it doesn’t leave you with the option of adding on or removing pieces as your tank needs change. I choose not to use glue.

I purchased 3 scapes and the packaging was the best yet. Not a single broken piece! That is pretty dang impressive considering it was shipped from the Philippians. “Arrived in only 4 days” Each modular section was bubbled wrapped like 6 times, which led to the lack of broken pieces. It took about 5 minutes to build each scape. Every section was labeled making building the scape impressively easy.

If you are in the market for unique custom reef rock designs, you need to give Art Reef Rocks a shot. Beautiful scapes, priced competitively, packaged well and shipped fast.

For the record, I was not compensated for this review. I was so impressed I wanted to share. If you have any questions or comments let me know.

20210608_175650.jpg 20210608_175701.jpg 20210608_175708.jpg 20210608_175716.jpg 20210608_182630.jpg
You dont know it but your post helped me feel Confident to order. Spoke with Glenn and Cris. Both are amazing. Mine arrives on the 23rd. Already in Cincinnati from Philippines. 1100$ for a 240G full tank display. If I remember to post I will when I change it out.
Swapping my live rock for this.

OP
OP
A

AquaTiger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You dont know it but your post helped me feel Confident to order. Spoke with Glenn and Cris. Both are amazing. Mine arrives on the 23rd. Already in Cincinnati from Philippines. 1100$ for a 240G full tank display. If I remember to post I will when I change it out.
That is awesome! You are going to be thrilled with your purchase. My personal opinion is this is the best aquascape you can purchase. Customer service is amazing. Cris is awesome to work with. Glenn and his crew do amazing work. You will be thrilled. I'm looking forward to seeing your scape soon.

Last edited:

jomapa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is awesome! I purchased also from @artreef Rocks Ph for my aio 20 peninsula.
I have a magnet type artreef, cave, and main rockscape.
I am very satified with the quality of the product, aesthetic beauty and vibrant color.
They have also a great costumer service, specially Glenn who ask for after market review. Technically they will guide you not only in assembly also in reefing.
I am proud owner of Artreef Rocks Ph and encourage everyone who are starting their reef to have one.

jomapa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is awesome! I purchased also from @artreef Rocks Ph for my aio 20 peninsula.
I have a magnet type artreef, cave, and main rockscape.
I am very satified with the quality of the product, aesthetic beauty and vibrant color.
They have also a great costumer service, specially Glenn who ask for after market review. Technically they will guide you not only in assembly also in reefing.
I am proud owner of Artreef Rocks Ph and encourage everyone who are starting their reef to have one.
inbound4997832387794909934.jpg

Paston1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is awesome! You are going to be thrilled with your purchase. My personal opinion is this is the best aquascape you can purchase. Customer service is amazing. Cris is awesome to work with. Glenn and his crew do amazing work. You will be thrilled. I'm looking forward to seeing your scape soon.
I don’t understand the abc and 123 part of the items. It arrived today. 3 big boxes and well I’m lost like a baby deer

Paston1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dig it. Quite the spread. I'm going to get 3 for my 100 gal. It's being delivered on Monday. Thanks for sharing your set up. It's impressive.
Excited to see it. Let me know if USA or the Philippines one. Getting a custom built 5x5 tank and well plan to go back to PH for mine as has some crazy cool ideas that want to test.

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Understand this is an old thread but would really like to hear from the OP about the progress and experience with this rock.

paradizecityz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got custom scape from Art Reef Rock too. The instructions were a little bit confusing and took me awhile to put together. I ended up didn't use the instruction but just use picture and tried to match it. It didn't turn out how they have it but it's the closest I could get it. Packaging was great but there was a few rocks that broke, I blame DHL on that. Overall, I'm happy with it. I've had it in tank for maybe almost a month with no issues.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 58 49.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 64 54.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • None.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.7%
Back