Can't really "build" an aio but since I never got around to starting a build thread on my 93 cube I figured I'd do one for this 50. Purchased tank from Artfully Acrylic and went with their largest version which is the AIO signature 50 gallon in Ferrari red, yep you RED and I love it. Needed a stand for this uncommon dimensions which is 28x24x18 so I decided to buy the Marineland 30x30 stand and place a nice piece of 3/4" birch on top for support since it's acrylic. Decided on the Tunze 9004 skimmer but may upgrade to the 9012 depending on the results which have been good thus far on the 93. The tank will house nems and a few corals here and there. So far I have large green gig which my Maine Mocha clowns host with a juvenile oscellaris they allowed in a few months ago during an experiment. He's about 14" when fully open so he'll take up a nice amount of area. I also have rare bta's that will be transferred over such as my colorado sunburst super bright orange like an inferno(a), colorado sunburst (b) yellow tip, coral collection inferno and a sherman rose that recently split (sold). Hoping to add a few more but the tank isn't that large so I really have to aquascape the heck out of it and that is one thing I'm not good at. I'll be running Radion g2 light (upgrading to g3 pro clusters soon) with RMS mount and an MP40QD for flow with a battery backup and reeflink. I have to say the clarity without water is amazing lol I am worried about zippers though! Other then that my fish besides the clowns will be a yellow coris wrasse and pink spotted goby with his pistol shrimp. I'm doing only 20lbs of sand ,debated a bare bottom but want to house some more wrasses and will transfer my 4 year old live rock probably only a third of it so around 35 pounds as I don't want to go heavy with rock again as I prefer a more open aquascape this time. I'd like to do a BTA island and maybe a rock flower garden if I have enough room in the end. Here are some photos of the progress. Hoping to have water in there by tonight. I have 30 gallon of 0 ppm water (red sea coral plus salt) and another 15 gallons of nutrisea water ready to go.
