Articles section needs some love

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@revhtree #MODS #reefsqaud

Today I was looking for some articles to help a person that is struggling. That's when I found that the articles section is pretty much a pain to find anything in. Allot of people put time and effort into there articles only to have their work get buried behind the next newest article.

For instance, the General saltwater Aquarium section has 199 articles. Now, go find all the articles on setting up a system. It's really a mess to shuffle through. I think more sections need attention like the corals part has.

Also I think it would be ideal to have a section just for New Reefers.

Rant over

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@revhtree #MODS #reefsqaud

Today I was looking for some articles to help a person that is struggling. That's when I found that the articles section is pretty much a pain to find anything in. Allot of people put time and effort into there articles only to have their work get buried behind the next newest article.

For instance, the General saltwater Aquarium section has 199 articles. Now, go find all the articles on setting up a system. It's really a mess to shuffle through. I think more sections need attention like the corals part has.

Also I think it would be ideal to have a section just for New Reefers.

Rant over
We agree that the articles could use some work. I'm going to take that on and work on a plan on how we can improve the organization and visibility to make it better.
At the very least we will add tags to the articles to make them easier to search. I'm always open to more suggestions.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At the very least we will add tags to the articles to make them easier to search. I'm always open to more suggestions.
Yay, I like the Corals section where you click the corals section and it breaks it down to different types.

You say you are looking at adding Tags, then at the top of the articles section add a list of all the tags so people can click them and pull then the search gives them what they are looking for.

I tend to be real picky about glossaries and menus. In the Mil I wrote allot of technical manuals and we cross linked everything to be clickable in the PDF files. If we used an abbreviation in our writing we hyper linked it to the glossary meaning. I don’t expect that kind of detail here but those are just ideas.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back