As a Reefer, Are You Interested in the Ocean?

OP
OP
Reefer Matt

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m confused as to how the answer would be no…
I actually know a few Reefers who don’t care about the ocean at all. They only seem excited about Reefing when they sell a lot of coral. Some people only see the box, and not where the stuff in it comes from.

PizzaIan339

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually know a few Reefers who don’t care about the ocean at all. They only seem excited about Reefing when they sell a lot of coral. Some people only see the box, and not where the stuff in it comes from.
That’s just sad. Just using the corals as a quick buck is not the way they should be treated. Sure if you get it up to a large colony then that is a great bonus of fragging and paying off some of the salt but if that’s the only reason then do something else. I love the ocean and always have and that is why I got a reef tank sad to think that some people just use it as a money grab. :(

tzabor10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being from New Jersey.......I can assure there is nothing more gross than the jersey shore! Over crowded and dirty.
Is the water dirty as well? We are headed to Atlantic City for July 4th and wanted to snorkel or scuba

OP
OP
Reefer Matt

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s just sad. Just using the corals as a quick buck is not the way they should be treated. Sure if you get it up to a large colony then that is a great bonus of fragging and paying off some of the salt but if that’s the only reason then do something else. I love the ocean and always have and that is why I got a reef tank sad to think that some people just use it as a money grab. :(
I agree completely. I think some start off just selling extra frags, where it’s fun to have both a hobby and make extra money to put back into it. Then the fun turns to work. Then the hobby turns into a burden. A balance definitely has to be found, imo.

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly, that's how some people are. No appreciation for the life and care, instead see dollar signs and how they can make money

ShakeyGizzard

RedNeck Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the ocean, hate swimming in it! :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
I used to snorkel off the beach in Panama city Florida, also on shell island side of the jetties . but have not done any since the 80's. No more beach thing for me unless I hit the tip of the St. joe peninsula in port St. Joe Florida. I do a little swimming to cool off there

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to snorkel off the beach in Panama city Florida, also on shell island side of the jetties . but have not done any since the 80's. No more beach thing for me unless I hit the tip of the St. joe peninsula in port St. Joe Florida. I do a little swimming to cool off there
Ya know I was getting to used it and not being freaked out by critters much larger than me, then I stepped on a stingray and was like nope! Haha… I don’t go in past my knees any more lol.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%
Back