Asexual Propogation of Aussie Elegance

  • Thread starter Thread starter laskopyre
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
i cut my elegance ones ever other month with a tile saw. it dose grate next time i do it i will take pics.
craig
 
Ive read before where someone tied a rubberband around the coral until a line of flesh under the rubberband died off and the flesh along either side healed up. They then removed the rubberband and cut along the skeleton where the band was...
 
It would be interesting to see it cut on a tile saw. I'm a little leary of the rubberband method. I've heard good and bad things about doing it. Mostly based on band being to tight and killing part of the coral. I checked the coral and I don't see anything spectacular happening. It has a broken piece, but it's not doing much. Guess I'll give it a little more time.
 
Fragging an elegance is no biggee... done it quite a few times. Here's a pic of my prized elegance that was fragged right after import:

img_0541.jpg


img_0543.jpg


He was incredibly healthy the whole time I had him (2 years). Here's a link to pics I took of him eating snails off the glass!: MURDEROUS Elegance coral (Catalaphyllia jardinei)....check it! - Michigan Reefers Sold him after a move to a local reefer a while back.


Here's some more info for ya:
"Frag" of the Month - March 2007 - Propagation of Anchor and Brain Corals - Reefkeeping.com

Elegance Coral fragging
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new