Asterina and Zoa, Hugging It Out

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 17, 2009
Messages
2,925
Reaction score
179
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn't it cute, starfish hugging my Armageddon paly. Took a knife to pry it offa it.
81fb2432.jpg

262838dd.jpg
 
Was the polyp open prior to that?? Curious as I have only seen them attack my dying polyps nothing that's perky and happy..:
 
Yikes! I bet the polyp never saw that coming.
 
It found true love.

From what I have researched, there are several different asterinas. Some eat corals, some eat dying corals, and some do nothing but multiply. I have no clue how to tell which is which,haha.
 
It found true love.

From what I have researched, there are several different asterinas. Some eat corals, some eat dying corals, and some do nothing but multiply. I have no clue how to tell which is which,haha.

This is very true, from what I have seen in my tanks, the ones that just multiply seem to have less color then this one, and a whole bunch of arms.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new