• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Asterina stars

Dknight43

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
testing waters to see if there is anyone who is willing to send asterina stars to me and how much people want for them. I'm looking into getting harlequin shrimp and am looking for a supply before I go through with the purchase. I have checked with my lfs and some friends who are in the hobby but with no luck so far.

thanks,

Nemo&Friends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had many, probably over 350.. Then I got an harlequin shrimp. In about 9 month all of them were gone and I returned the shrimp to my LFS, as it would have starve. There must have been a few left, so the stars number are increasing again. You will need a lot of stars, if you want to keep the shrimp long term. It is a beautiful shrimp, and I enjoyed having it. I may start the process over.
Where do you live? I would give you some of mine, but I do not want to ship.

OP
OP
Dknight43

Dknight43

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had many, probably over 350.. Then I got an harlequin shrimp. In about 9 month all of them were gone and I returned the shrimp to my LFS, as it would have starve. There must have been a few left, so the stars number are increasing again. You will need a lot of stars, if you want to keep the shrimp long term. It is a beautiful shrimp, and I enjoyed having it. I may start the process over.
Where do you live? I would give you some of mine, but I do not want to ship.
I'm in northern Virginia, I've been reading asterinas aren't the move so I'm thinking of using choc chip instead, but I'd like to have a small colony for just in case purposes. I'm planning on breeding them so I'm going to need a lot lol

cdw79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in northern Virginia, I've been reading asterinas aren't the move so I'm thinking of using choc chip instead, but I'd like to have a small colony for just in case purposes. I'm planning on breeding them so I'm going to need a lot lol
I'm probably pretty close to you- can't say I have hundreds but I've been constantly pulling them out recently. I could try collecting them in an acclimation box and seeing if they survive long enough for you to take them. PM me if you want

OP
OP
Dknight43

Dknight43

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm probably pretty close to you- can't say I have hundreds but I've been constantly pulling them out recently. I could try collecting them in an acclimation box and seeing if they survive long enough for you to take them. PM me if you want
I sent ya a pm

ID-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Love my Harlequin. I used to pull about 25 Asterinas out every day. 200 gal display. After about 4 months I only see one or two a day. I’m thinking I’m going to have to start supplementing by getting a chocolate chip star or something. I don’t want to get rid of him.
08E029CA-E200-45F4-AE35-23BA5565CCEC.jpeg

Nemo&Friends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I returned my shrimp to the LFS, but I will take one back when my star population which is increasing again become too many. Yes I enjoyed that shrimp, but did not want to starve it.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 127 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back