Astreopora ID.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Joined
Sep 1, 2021
Messages
20,633
Reaction score
34,651
Location
United Kingdom (England)
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, yesterday I picked up a gorgeous astreopora that isn’t like the usual ones you’d often find (completely Bright green or brown). It looks as though it’s plating so I wondered if this was possibly an Astreopora randalli but the thing putting me off of it is these guys are from protected reefs to my knowledge.
P.S. Photos make it look completely green but it’s got a more blue/teal flesh.
image.jpg


So, anyone got any guesses as to the species of Astreopora it is (I don’t really care about names but more actual scientific species).
 
This isn’t much better but here’s an after lights out photo, it looks wrong for an Echinopora to me. The Corallites look too spaced out and small.
59AC3FED-A8C4-4ED2-AF36-14F6C399C292.jpeg
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new