Atavai Wrasse Looking for info

Bob Weigant

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 12, 2018
Messages
2,237
Reaction score
6,909
Location
Hayward
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to see if anyone here as kept these guys. I found some info on them but was hoping someone has or had one in the past ( and hopefully still)
 
DD6959DD-B919-4B59-8458-E31CF897D8D1.jpeg
This is the one I saw
 
I don't have any info, but I'll bump this up for you.
 
It looks like it's one of the Pseudojuloides genus wrasses. It's my understanding that pencil wrasses are difficult to keep.

The two guys tagged above will have more specific info for you.
 
It's definitely a difficult species to keep. Like pretty much all species of the genus, they can be pretty easy once settled in and established, but getting them to that point is the challenge.
A few years ago this species was around the $1k mark, and that's way more than I'd personally spend considering the risk.
 
Thanks for giving me some info. I have another pencil wrasse and have had him for over a year. Not too sure if there would be some conflict. The price has come down to the $500-$600 mark. That’s still quite a bit money for a fish.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new