ATB Skimmers

Njdevils1220

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So over the years skimmer brands and designs come and go but a few names stay relevant in conversation.. Reef Octopus, Deltec, Bubble King, LifeReef... but there is another that has always seemingly been touted as a powerful and reliable brand which is ATB.

What happened to them? I recently came across a thread on FaceBook with a link to their foreign website and it shows some new products.
Why aren’t we seeing them here in the states? Is the quality no longer there? Are their pumps just rebadged jebao?

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't hear from them for years. Their prices are too high for the quality they are supplying and the design is outdated.

OP
OP
Njdevils1220

Njdevils1220

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't hear from them for years. Their prices are too high for the quality they are supplying and the design is outdated.
Their acrylic work looks similar in quality to Bubble King. And what about the design is dated? It looks similar to most other skimmers on the market to me.

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef-Octopus-Skimmer-002.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 07.38.15.png

Man, it's horrible comparing to the modern skimmers. ;Woot

OP
OP
Njdevils1220

Njdevils1220

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

An internal pump design is not better than external. It’s less contact area. Plenty of modern skimmers still run that design. If you ask LifeReef needle wheels all together are garbage.

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not talking about internal vs external pump; it's a personal choice. Just look at the overall design and quality. Elite 220INT Super Cone Protein Skimmer, for example, as well with an external pump, lovely skimmer, many Deltec are excellent in the same price range. ATB looks like an old school DIY build. But if you like it, get one! You can share later with us your experience. ;) But I want my equipment not only perform good but also to look good and have modern features like overflow protection, controller.

ATB USA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So over the years skimmer brands and designs come and go but a few names stay relevant in conversation.. Reef Octopus, Deltec, Bubble King, LifeReef... but there is another that has always seemingly been touted as a powerful and reliable brand which is ATB.

What happened to them? I recently came across a thread on FaceBook with a link to their foreign website and it shows some new products.
Why aren’t we seeing them here in the states? Is the quality no longer there? Are their pumps just rebadged jebao?
ATB-USA.com is the site for the US. Still alive and well. Pumps are now Sicce Wifi pumps. Skimmers are the same quality they have always been. Any question, just let me know.

ATB USA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This ATB skimmer is rated for 530 gal medium load
The Reef Octo is rated for 210 gal medium load
The Reef Octo is $50 more
ATB goes for performance, not looks.
The ATB now comes with a Sicce Wifi pump, but the Jecod pump in the picture will out skim the Octo all day long.
1616115963905.png

ATB USA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even though we had no issues with the Jecod motors, lots of people have a bad perception of them. The Sicce are good pumps and have a 5 yr warranty. They are also Wifi controlable.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Always loved my ATB when I had it.

Mr4000

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my ATB 10.5 deluxe for 8 years, just ordered the new Sicce DC pump today for it. Its been a great skimmer, wouldn't trade it for any other! And yes it came with overflow float switch. I guess its all personal choice, i would rather have a beast of a skimmer that some people think looks old school and that's built like a tank, and can produce some of the foulest smelling skimmate i have ever smelled, and because it's not on display for everyone to see, just me!

CoralPassion - Tony B

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even though we had no issues with the Jecod motors, lots of people have a bad perception of them. The Sicce are good pumps and have a 5 yr warranty. They are also Wifi controlable.

When did you last speak with Zdenek Neugebauer?

There's been no response to emails or WhatsApp messages. I used to be his UK distributor, he owes me some parts and a small amount of money.

I've taken down the UK ATB website a few months ago.

jerl77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been running a dc pump f
One for a couple years
Been in the hobby for 30 years
I love my atb in my top two of skimmers I ever owned

Back