ATI bulb combo, how would these appear?

MrSkumfrog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I got a quote from ATI on a 6 bulb, 54w Powermodule and they included 3 Blue+ and 3 coral+ bulbs in the quote. How do you think this combo would look? Would it be too pink or too blue?

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That will depend heavily on your perspective. I know some people who think a single coral+ bulb out of an 8 bulb array where the rest are blue is too white. Your proposed layout is visually too blue for my taste. It looks about like what an average 20,000k halide will look like along with blue supplements on top. It’ll be a hair whiter than an ab+ run on leds

Skynyrd Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m running 6 blue+. It’s blue. One or three coral plus will be nice also. It just depends on the look you like. For a couple years I ran 4 blue plus a purple plus and coral plus. I liked the spectrum on this also. However my corals are jamming and I feel the blue + keep the gha down a bit.

TerraFerma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it will look perfect. If you are used to high blue/leds you might find 4 Blue Plus and 2 Coral Plus more pleasing to the eye.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run 2 blue+, 1 actinic, 2 purple+, and 1coral+, with 2 reefbright LED supplements.

I prefer the look of natural daylight over looking through a windex bottle. Bulbs are pretty cheap, what I did when I originally bought mine was to buy a few extra and try the color combination I liked. Also keep in mind that bulb placement will also effect how the tank looks to your eyes.

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think my perfect setup would be 2 blue plus, 2 purple plus, and 2 actinics.

I'm running 2 blue plus and 2 purple plus to supplement my halide currently, but evening times with T5s only is my favorite viewing time.

Potatohead

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an eight bulb and run six blue, one actinic, one purple. I used to run a coral instead of a sixth blue and that was fine too. I have also tried two corals and no purple, but it looks too cold and stale, I need more some red/pink in there.

If it was me I would buy four blue, two coral and one purple and experiment with them. Keep in mind they go whiter as they age and if they're in a room with any ambient sunlight or decently strong room lighting the blue color gets washed out a bit.

Bacon505

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
All ati bulbs and combination works. Its mostly depend on personal preference. Some color spectrums base on the bulbs mix will bring out different colors. Also you have to keep in mind how much the lighting fixture mix in with matural and ambient lighting will give you different look during day time and night time

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 37 34.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 29 27.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%

Back