ATI Essentials Pro question(s)

North Borders

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello ATI!

I've been using the original Essentials program for the last year and a half. I am finally down to my last half gallon of mix and will be changing over.

I've noticed others say that the new Essentials Pro is 5x concentrated? Is that the concentration straight out of the bottle or once diluted? I was mixing my original Essentials 1 part to 9 parts RODI as per the package instructions.

Am I correct in assuming that the statement 1 mL of undiluted Essentials Pro is equal to 5 mL of recommended package dilution of the original Essentials?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Straight out of bottle. Just started using it but on hold as im finishing a battle with dino

OP
OP
North Borders

North Borders

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On their website they list varying dilution rates and one is for One 2L bottle mixed with 8L of RODI for 10L total. If my math is correct, I could change over to this mL for mL that I'm dosing currently?

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I would think so. Mathematically, they come out the same

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On their website they list varying dilution rates and one is for One 2L bottle mixed with 8L of RODI for 10L total. If my math is correct, I could change over to this mL for mL that I'm dosing currently?

Correct. The solution is 5x concentrated right out of the bottle, if you dilute with 8L RODI it will be the same as the 3 part Essentials.

How is your reef doing on the Essentials?

OP
OP
North Borders

North Borders

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct. The solution is 5x concentrated right out of the bottle, if you dilute with 8L RODI it will be the same as the 3 part Essentials.

How is your reef doing on the Essentials?

My reef has been doing very well! I haven't done a water change in nearly a year, and my corals are very happy. When the trace elements get off you can really tell as the colors in my montipora tend to fade and get pale. I'm switching over to the new Essentials Pro today as my old Essentials supply finally ran out. I'm a little nervous as I've had very good stability for the last several months.

Sdot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My reef has been doing very well! I haven't done a water change in nearly a year, and my corals are very happy. When the trace elements get off you can really tell as the colors in my montipora tend to fade and get pale. I'm switching over to the new Essentials Pro today as my old Essentials supply finally ran out. I'm a little nervous as I've had very good stability for the last several months.
I had the same problem a few months ago, other than going from 3 to 2 containers and adjusting the diluted amounts its the same.

Willbiker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Straight out of bottle. Just started using it but on hold as im finishing a battle with dino
Hi vetteguy. How come you are holding back on the dosing of ATI? I'm also battling dinos and just started dosing with AtI 2 part. I just wondered why you stopped dosing? Should I not dose when battling dinos? Thanks

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hi vetteguy. How come you are holding back on the dosing of ATI? I'm also battling dinos and just started dosing with AtI 2 part. I just wondered why you stopped dosing? Should I not dose when battling dinos? Thanks
I dose nothing other than peroxide and liquid bacteria when addressing Dino
Happy Holidays !!!!

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
For Dino:
Blow dino loose with a turkey baster. It will capture and clean more surface area. Here is full program:
Prepare by starting with a water change and blow this stuff loose with a turkey baster and siphon up loose particles.
Turn lights off (at least white and run blue at 10-15%) for 5 days and at night dose 1ml of hydrogen peroxide per 10 gallons for all 5nights. If you dont have light dependant coral- turn all lights off.
During the day dose 1ml of liquid bacteria (such as bacter 7) per 10 gallons.
Clean filters daily and DO NOT FEED CORAL FOODS OR ADD NOPOX as it is food for dinos.
Day 5,, you can start with blue lights - ramping up and work your white lights up slowly

Willbiker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose nothing other than peroxide and liquid bacteria when addressing Dino
Happy Holidays !!!!
Did you dose microbacter7? If so, how much and how often? I'm currently dosing the recommended amount weekly which for me is 10ml for my 600 litre. But I think maybe I should be dosing more than this to tackle the dino....

Willbiker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I just seen your second post where you say 1ml per 10 gallons. I assume this is US gallons. So for my 600 litre system this is about 16ml per day. It seems I have been putting way too little in. Thanks

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Sorry I just seen your second post where you say 1ml per 10 gallons. I assume this is US gallons. So for my 600 litre system this is about 16ml per day. It seems I have been putting way too little in. Thanks
yes

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 23.6%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 24.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back