ATI ICP results questions and help

SifuMemphis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if I should be worried about this or not, I just got my ATI ICP test back, and it shows slightly elevated Tin in my RODI water.

Results says I have 8.29 µg/l . Would this cause any issues in my tank?
Iodine 10.52 µg/l - This was also reported pretty low. Says I need 61.02 µg/l, when mine is reporting 10.52. Sounds like i should start dosing Iodine?
Manganese u. 0.94 µg/l -- Lastly, for this element, it says u. I assume it means I have zero? What product would you dose to get this up?
Vanadium 0.54 µg/l -- Slightly low, when it recommends 1.41 µg/l -- How would i correct this?
Tin 5.74 µg/l -- slightly elevated, says I should have no more than 0.47 µg/l . Based on my RODI results, I assume tin is coming from that?

for anyone curious here is the link to both:

//lab.atiaquaristik.com/share/151157ce5152a95857eb
//lab.atiaquaristik.com/share/ba3aae83098db92672f9

Aside from that, everything else was within range. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a long thread on "tin" that you can search if you would like. But from my experience, I probably wouldn't be too worried about a tin level of 8 (although zero would probably make us all feel better), especially if you aren't having problems with corals, but it would probably be worth monitoring. I think you would also find that ATI tends to show higher levels of tin than Triton would. IME, if tin is the only elevated heavy metal, then it is coming from plastics especially tubing (as was in my case), but also PVC and probably from any plastic.

As far as individual elements to dose (e.g. Mn, I, V, Mo) I would suggest Triton's elements. You could use the Triton ICP next time and they will tell you the amount of their elements to dose. You can then do calculations to figure out how much to consider dosing on a weekly, or daily, basis. The more Triton ICP tests you do, the more you can fine tune your dosages.

As a long-time user of ICP tests, I find that these elements frequently need dosing, at least for my tanks: Mn, Mo, Zn, I, (Fe, V, Sr) and less frequently Ba, Bo, Ni. Br.

OP
OP
S

SifuMemphis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Dr.jim. Yeah I found the thread you made and was reading that prior to this. You've done a lot of testing :) thank you.

While 8 didn't seem to high, i also did have some random STN's on frags (tank 1 year old) which is why I was a little worried. I'll continue to monitor and go from there

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 129 59.7%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 29.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 37 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.2%
Back