Joko

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello dear seawater friends;
I have a specific question regarding the ATI Straton;
I have two ATI Stratons hanging over my pool (160x60x70 deep), and they are 21cm above the water surface. I've set the Straton to 95% light output at the moment, and the following makes me supportive;
I measured the Par value on my SPS with a PAR measuring device, where there are about 15 cm under the water surface, and measure a maximum of 300 Par. But I find that too little at 95% light output, or what do you say? Or am I losing so much light because my water surface is in motion? Would be happy if the experienced people could tell me something about it.

Thanks

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, that's not unreasonable. The PAR in my tank about 15cm under the surface in my Radions is probably around 300-ish as well (these are set to 75%, but I also have 6 LED clusters).

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People finding out they have less par than they thought happens far more than the opposite.

ReefCheef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's way too low. What setting are you running your lights on? They are definitely not in the SPS configuration via the website/app. 15" below mine it's 500+ par if I run them that high. I intentionally drop some of the whites to keep it around 350 everywhere. I'd check which lighting spectrum you have them set to. Each one also has a pre acclimation, slightly acclimated and fully acclimated section.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back