ATi sunpower and Orphex Light bar

Karliefish

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 12, 2020
Messages
764
Reaction score
489
Location
Western North Carolina
What state or country do you live in
Nebraska
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking to buy the ATI Sunpower eight bulb 48” light fixture along with the two Orphex Light Bars. I want to connect the Orphex light bars on each side of the ATI Sunpower. I’m trying to figure out the total width of this setup. I’ve got a limited amount of width space to work with (25 inches).
Thanks
 
Width is 20.25 inches for that setup.
Really appreciate the prompt reply and information - gotta love the R2R community1.

I’m doing to the math here (based on Manufacture website specifications) and this is what I’m coming-up with:
(1) according to the ATI North America website the 48” ATI SunPower 8x54w fixture width is: 17.5
(2) according tío the Orphex website the OR3 120 light bar is 1.97” (Rounding to up to 2” for easier math). One on each side would be four inches. So 17.5” + 4” = 21” and that assumes no gap, i.e. Orphex light bars would be flush against ATI Sunpower fixture. I know our math is only 3/4” off, but just want to make extra sure given the tight space I’m working.

Also are you using the ATI + Orphex combination on your tank? Have any pics? Impressions?

Thank you again SO SO Much.
 
I have an ATI with knock off version Ebay bars. Been using an iteration of this setup for maybe six years. I prefer it to all other lights from MH to LED. If you get a used ATI (which is easy where I am) and new Ebay LED bars it'll cost under $500-$700.
 
I have an ATI with knock off version Ebay bars. Been using an iteration of this setup for maybe six years. I prefer it to all other lights from MH to LED. If you get a used ATI (which is easy where I am) and new Ebay LED bars it'll cost under $500-$700.
Thanks for the eBay tip - will definitely check the bulbs out. Where are you at that makes getting a used ATI fixture easy - curious? Also any pics you’d be willing to share of your tank and light setup? thanks again!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new