ATI True Actinic thoughts?

ReefAddict16

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 14, 2017
Messages
607
Reaction score
248
Location
Southern Ca
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a lot of reading I noticed the true actinic bulb is the only bulb that hits 425 nm where it’s most significant according to the chart. Why don’t people use this bulb other than the PAR value? Thoughts?

64062825-7E6F-40DC-AC4E-06B121A38FDA.jpeg


C4695E03-3721-4F78-BEC7-D01C31C41626.jpeg


42AE9B6B-C113-491F-ADBC-DF68DD4956E9.jpeg


B5A2089D-3306-4AB4-8B7D-C979CEDCE748.jpeg


40B6CAC1-0E17-40B9-A008-FDA762CE6A23.jpeg
 
I used a 6 bulb T5 fixture for a time, and tried different bulb combo's including one with a actinic. Ultimately I didn't like the overall color, I felt blue+ bulbs offer just as much pop and just work better in combination with other bulbs. Put a True Actinic next to a coral+ and the coral+ overwhelms it.

I think when using ATI's T5's its not so much a matter of giving your corals the spectrum they need for great growth(all there marine bulbs work), its finding a spectrum of colors you like to view.

On a 6 bulb I liked 4-Blue+, 1 Coral+, 1 Purple+ (I like 1-purple+ and 1-Blue+ combined for dawn and dusk. ) and all bulbs for daytime photo period.

Purple+ is a awesome bulb for fish, good pop and deeper colors, the clowns and yellow tang i had under it looked stunning blue bulbs wash these colors out.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new