ATK not working

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Lui1521

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m new to the apex system since I got it as a Christmas gift from my wife just recently. I bought an ATK this week from @MarineDepot and installed it last night. The problem is it is not pouring out water and i know that the PMUP is trying to pump out water. I tested it by just turning it on and by lifting the sensor up in such a way that the bottom part barely touches tge water with the sensor not ever close to the water line. I removed the hose from the bulb/ balloon attachment and WATER COMES OUT OF THE HOSE!!! I’ve updated everything. Read everything and watched all the videos I can possibly watch related to setting this up. I’m ready to throw it to the brick wall. (If only we have a brick wall)

._Z_.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had issues where the PMUP was buzzing/whirring but water wasn’t coming out of the line, is this the problem you’re having?

OP
OP
L

Lui1521

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had issues where the PMUP was buzzing/whirring but water wasn’t coming out of the line, is this the problem you’re having?
It’s making a bussing sound but it may be because of it hitting the bucket of RODI that I’m using. Water comes out of it as long as it’s not connected to the sensor’s attachment.

._Z_.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I’m understanding you correctly I suspect your problem is the float valve. I had to take mine off for it to work.

I contacted their customer support And they said to make sure the valve was positioned properly. I ended up just taking it off. Lemme see if I can attach the instructions they gave me

._Z_.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what they told me to try

a011d4c4c42746bec4e9ddce30048784.jpg

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes float valves have problems from the factory. The hole that lets water come out is very small and sometimes there is still plastic covering it. Not sure if that's the issue here, but if it's designed like many others that is what I would suspect/look for. May have to get a replacement if that's the case, but would talk with Neptune and Marine Depot first.

OP
OP
L

Lui1521

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what they told me to try

a011d4c4c42746bec4e9ddce30048784.jpg
Mine looks like it is in a 90 deg angle. So I can just force it to move??? I’m afraid to break it.
***On my picture, because of the angle of my camera, It would seem like it’s hitting the protein skimmer but it’s not.

371995A7-D8D6-4DF0-ADCE-693F7280C191.jpeg

._Z_.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yours definitely looks like it may be out of position from what they told me it should be at.

It’s a bit tight but you should be able to adjust it around that elbow shown in the picture. It will make audible clicks when you adjust.

OP
OP
L

Lui1521

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes float valves have problems from the factory. The hole that lets water come out is very small and sometimes there is still plastic covering it. Not sure if that's the issue here, but if it's designed like many others that is what I would suspect/look for. May have to get a replacement if that's the case, but would talk with Neptune and Marine Depot first.
Hmmm it does squirt out water it I manually push the balloon down. I’m expecting the water to pour out instead of a forceful squirt.

rob safron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep. Looks like even though the bulb is down, the position is actually turning the flow valve off, like it should if the water hight was too high. I can take a pick of mine in a little bit

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm it does squirt out water it I manually push the balloon down. I’m expecting the water to pour out instead of a forceful squirt.

If water comes out at all then the hole isn't completely covered. I guess it could still be partially blocked, but would try the recommended adjustments 1st, if you can.

._Z_.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The squirting is expected. The hole for the water to flow through is pretty small.

OP
OP
L

Lui1521

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s working now! I did the 4 clicks from the straight position and seems like it helped with the blockage. It’s giving me a steady stream. Seems like I have the same angle as what Rob has in his picture after readjusting it. Thanks everybody!

._Z_.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s working now! I did the 4 clicks from the straight position and seems like it helped with the blockage. It’s giving me a steady stream. Seems like I have the same angle as what Rob has in his picture after readjusting it. Thanks everybody!

Glad we could help. I was ready to RMA my pump when I went through this same thing lol

Pete1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We all had the same problem, i was on the phone with neptune for over an hour as soon as i removed the float valve, bingo problem solved, it turns out the hole in the float is way to small its a terrible design flaw! Remove the float your problems will be gone

Piranha_Owns

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having this same issue it's like the water is barely coming out. I've had to increase my top off time to ten minutes just to allow it to work. How did neptune not catch this horrible flaw before bringing this to market.

Pete1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure, but very poor design, neptune was trying to tell me the pump was bad I actually returned the first atk got a replacement one and boom same thing, my son recommended taking off the float because he had same problem, and of course he was right, I would think by now it would be recalled and a new float put on there

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back