ATK stopped running the pump overnight for some reason

  • Thread starter Thread starter bureau13
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

bureau13

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 22, 2023
Messages
194
Reaction score
87
Location
South Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone ever see this? I woke up this morning to that sound of gurgling return pump cavitation as the sump runs dry, pause while it fills back up from the overflow, and then repeat. No errors in Fusion, ATK claims it's still running. I flip it to On (from Auto) and it thinks it's on, but no water. I then unplugged power and all USB (or whatever they're calling it) connectors, plugged them all back in and then it starts working fine. I've had the ATK for a while now, I think maybe I saw this once before and convinced myself I did something wrong. Apparently not. It's one thing if it happens overnight, but if it happens while on vacation, that would obviously be not good.
 
The Apex ATO was difficult for me. Same issue. Try cleaning the water level sensor. Or just buy a Tunze
 
I went through two or three Tunze top-offs and they all stopped working more quickly than I thought they should. I guess they all have their issues.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new