Atlantic Tang Help! Is this Ich?? (New to forum)

nolleee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I'm new to this forum! We've had our current saltwater setup for about 6 months, and so far so good, except this morning woke up to some weird spots on my Tang. He's one of our first inhabitants, he eats really well, actually he's a little piggy and is sometimes a little bully. Here is a before and after picture of him. The top picture taken around 8am and the bottom taken around 11am. I was getting ready to take him to quarantine, but he is looking a lot better. Any advise on what's going on?

Thank you!

ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1385152476.132929.jpg

coraal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well this tang is known to change colors, this is kind of awkward. I was either going to suggest Black Ich, but it looks to be all better. Hope it's doing good now !

OP
OP
N

nolleee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is definitely "awkward". I was afraid we might lose him because he looked so terrible this morning. I have been making sure he is getting plenty to eat with some garlic xtreme, and he seems to be doing fine now. I'll be keeping a close eye on him.

And his color changing is pretty remarkable, when we first brought him home, he was dark blue/purple. But after a few weeks, he turned yellow. He has a slight color change when he is getting cleaned by our cleaner shrimp.

The picture is when we first got him. He's changed colors and filled out quite a bit since then.

ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1385163499.556345.jpg

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 52 34.9%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 39 26.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 28 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back