Atlantis Red sea Reefer 250G2

klavmaister

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
after 15 years I'm starting up again. 15 years ago I had a used converted 325l freshwater aquarium. dc pumps did not exist, no led lights. I didn't even have an ATO at the time. Strong vibration sounds, continuous noise fight, impossible to get the right amount of light and constant wonder if you had the right flow, return speed and right dimension of pipes.

this time I went for high-end equipment, and a new aquarium where everything has been thought of. This will be fun!

Community Verified icon

https://www.google.com/search?q=tra...ome-mobile&ie=UTF-8&chrome_dse_attribution=1#
Screenshot_20230327_193853_Gallery.jpg

Makara23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! I also have the same tank that I've started recently. Following along to see how your build is developing :]

OP
OP
K

klavmaister

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this the newer G2 model? Did you go with any other Red Sea accessories?

Hi!

that's right, it's G2. I have reefwave 25, rollermate, and two Reefled 90. return pump is various 4. runs about 40% speed here, or 4x water volume per hour.

OP
OP
K

klavmaister

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cables are a nightmare, all these devices draw almost no electricity, someone should have invented a hub or similar to minimize power cable use

someone got a genius idea to hide cabels? am starting now to organize
Screenshot_20230331_133327_Gallery.jpg

OP
OP
K

klavmaister

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two red sea reefer rl90, they now run at 40% blue and white. the cooling fan does spin on one lamp. it makes a bit of noise, does anyone know why one lamp cools on low power and the other doesn't? bought them used. maybe the fan needs to be replaced or the heatsink cleaned on the lamp that spins?

Baka Mop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Nice. I just got back into reefing this year after a 7 year break. I was in the same boat as you back then, except I at least had leds. No automation, no DC pumps, and constantly trying to make it more silent.

Right now I have a 15g aio cube with a tiny roller mat filter. I found out about roller mats and ATOs only recently, and it's honestly the greatest thing I've ever purchased for this hobby. Roller mats are such a game changer for maintenance, and keep the water much clearer than a sock or fleece, and I will never go back to those.

The tank just got through the diatom phase and is finally looking pristine. I'm planning on getting a 425 or 525 in the future and definitely getting the rollermat with it.

spectral_ranger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Reefer 250 G2 as well, enjoy it quite a lot. Though the sump space is a bit tight with the ReefMat and skimmer in there. Cords are a thing... especially since I have three LEDs and two LED bars, plus chaeto reactor, etc. That's a lot of transformers to deal with! Had my Apex power bar setup inside the cabinet, but got to be too much when the base unit failed and had to untangle everything. Took it all out, got myself one of those controller boards, and am setting it up all nice. Much less anxiety now! Enjoy, it's a great tank!

OP
OP
K

klavmaister

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ATO fitted, had a Tunze 3155 lying around. it is noisy, especially when the aquarium is completely silent. I think Ihave to get Red Sea's new ATO+

Screenshot_20230406_205748_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

klavmaister

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A litte uppsate, sorry for bad picture quality

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230519_164652_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230519_164652_Gallery.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 27
OP
OP
K

klavmaister

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is now status on the tank, something soft and some LPS corals. I hardly understand that it is possible, but I change the water maybee once every other month. Now have 7 fish, and nitrate is between 2-5 ppm. Have never used the protein skimmer, if I start it the nitrate drops quickly towards 0 and the skimmer stops produce skimmate after a cuppel of houers. considering taking it out of the aquarium since the aquarium is now almost 6 months old.

Screenshot_20230531_123755_Gallery.jpg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back