Atman 2500 Replacement Pump, Please!

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
12,348
Reaction score
25,597
Location
Sayreville, NJ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an SWC 160 skimmer that came with an Atman 2500 pump. I am now on pump number five! Does anyone know of a replacement pump (NOT ATMAN!), that would fit this skimmer? I've now spent more money on replacement pumps than on the skimmer when it was brand new.

This last one that just blew might have also cooked the PC8 on my Reefkeeper.....there was dark black/purple goop oozing out of the plug area where the pump was plugged in. I documented it HERE, post # 57 (bottom of page 3).

I like the skimmer, just don't like the pump!
 
Paul...did you ever find a replacement pump? I have no experience with the Atman's, so I did a little research and never found a definitive answer to your basic question. Just curious.
 
David, thanks for your search efforts, but I've searched for an untold number of hours over the past couple years and have found nothing, nada, zippo. When Via Aqua (original manufacturer of Atman) went out of buisness a couple years ago, other skimmer manufacturerers using this pump (such as Bubble Magus) sourced new pumps. But with SWC more or less out of business, nothing was ever done. Some other company in China picked up manufacturing Atmans. I know I scrambled to buy a couple pumps then, only to find out a couple months after the anouncement of Via Aqua going belly up, the pumps were again available.

Most recently I was looking at the Jebao DC 2000 and wondering if I could fit that in there. I've seen it used in a similar looking skimmer out of China, and thought it had a chance of fitting in the SWC. The problem is, unless I can find someone that has one....to measure it.....I need to purchase one to see if it would fit. I can't find drawings of these pumps that show dimensions, and hate to buy it just to find out it doesn't fit. Other than the crappy pump, it's a nice little skimmer.

Thanks again.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new