ATO and mixing station

SplishySplashy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

I am planning on running my RODI unit to my washing machine closet. I have an illustration of my layout below. The Blue arrows represent 90 Degree Elbows and the Red Boxes are Emergency Shut off Valves. There will be a T connect at the sump for ATO which I will have Optical sensors as well as a float valve connected to Apex to avoid flooding. The line will then continue to a closet where i will have Containers for mixing salt and extra RODI.

My questions are:

1. Do I need a booster pump? My current RODI pressure is 40 PSI.
2. Can I run the 11 Elbows (Blue Arrows) without losing pressure
3. I have two Emergency shut off valves (Red Boxes), One right after RODI unit or should it be placed before RODI? The 2nd one is placed after the T Connect in case I want to shut off the water going to closet containers.

Thanks!!!

RODI Setup.jpg

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

I am planning on running my RODI unit to my washing machine closet. I have an illustration of my layout below. The Blue arrows represent 90 Degree Elbows and the Red Boxes are Emergency Shut off Valves. There will be a T connect at the sump for ATO which I will have Optical sensors as well as a float valve connected to Apex to avoid flooding. The line will then continue to a closet where i will have Containers for mixing salt and extra RODI.

My questions are:

1. Do I need a booster pump? My current RODI pressure is 40 PSI.
2. Can I run the 11 Elbows (Blue Arrows) without losing pressure
3. I have two Emergency shut off valves (Red Boxes), One right after RODI unit or should it be placed before RODI? The 2nd one is placed after the T Connect in case I want to shut off the water going to closet containers.

Thanks!!!

RODI Setup.jpg
Hey @SplishySplashy looks like a great start! Couple of quick answers for you.

1. I think your rodi will tell you what water pressure you‘ll need. Mine runs around 60 psi
2. Are you running 1/4” RO tubing around the walls? If you can do it without the 90s it will lower your risk of leaks.
3. I’d for sure move an emergency shutoff to right after the water supply point (before the RODI) so no matter what you can shut down the water flow and pressure in the system

OP
OP
SplishySplashy

SplishySplashy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @SplishySplashy looks like a great start! Couple of quick answers for you.

1. I think your rodi will tell you what water pressure you‘ll need. Mine runs around 60 psi
2. Are you running 1/4” RO tubing around the walls? If you can do it without the 90s it will lower your risk of leaks.
3. I’d for sure move an emergency shutoff to right after the water supply point (before the RODI) so no matter what you can shut down the water flow and pressure in the system

1. I will try running the setup without the booster and if water pressure is lower than 40 PSI i know to get the booster.
2. Yes planning on running 1/4" tubing along the bottom trimming of the walls. I was trying to go as low profile as possible but if the 90's will increase chance of leaks i guess i can just run the tubing all the way.
3. You are right, placing the emergency in front of the RODI makes more sense.

With the adjustments above, I pretty much should be good to go. Unless I should make any other modifications. Thanks again!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back