ATO is broken

reefz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a autoaqua ato lite a year ago and about 6 months in, the senser broke out of no where. There was no damage anything yet it just died for no reason. So I bought a second one only for the senser. And about a month ago, the senser died again! I emailed auto aqua to see if I can get a replacement. And they said "We don't sell this product in amazon nor the US". Which is total bs becuase I obviously bought it on amazon. I have tried everything to fix this thing. Its sitting in my return chamber of my sump and just breaks after 4-6 months of use. Ive spend now $140 worth of ATO garbage. I dont want to keep buying this but I dont want to spend more then $100 on an ato.

If anyone has any suggestions for how to fix this one or a different better ATO, thats under $100, that knows it wont break lmk.

Screenshot 2021-09-16 165200.png

Last edited:

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe something here will help?

jt8791

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heard good things about the tunze ato, not sure price though. I wouldn’t go cheap on that piece of equipment, cheap ones seem too prone to failure. Hopefully some other people will chime in on what they suggest.

I’ve been in the market for one for a while now, just haven’t decided on one I trust enough with the task. Manual top offs cost me nothing in equipment, I just leave a 2.5gal jug of rodi next to the tank, and I don’t have to worry but it’s only a 30 gallon tank.

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tunze 3152 is $110 and uses a float to turn the pump on. There's a timeout on the pump control if the float doesn't switch.

Tunze 3155 is $215 and uses an optical sensor with a float switch and timer as overfill safeties.

Both are reliable, the 3155 more so, as the float switch sometimes stick off due to salt creep.

OP
OP
reefz

reefz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heard good things about the tunze ato, not sure price though. I wouldn’t go cheap on that piece of equipment, cheap ones seem too prone to failure. Hopefully some other people will chime in on what they suggest.

I’ve been in the market for one for a while now, just haven’t decided on one I trust enough with the task. Manual top offs cost me nothing in equipment, I just leave a 2.5gal jug of rodi next to the tank, and I don’t have to worry but it’s only a 30 gallon tank.
Well my tank is 170g and is almost contantly needing top off. Ill check out the tunze

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sorry for you, I’ve wasted hundreds if not thousands on garbage products, I know how you feel. But my Tunze ATO has never failed me, it’s a great product and worth the money.

jt8791

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven’t heard anything on that one yet, has me curious since I run their lights. Have been considering their wave pumps too, mostly to stick with one brand of equipment. Liking their Photon 24-V2+ light so far.

Yeah I couldn’t see doing manual top offs on a tank that big, even my 30 is about 5gal a week give or take.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 120 58.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 30.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 74 36.1%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 34 16.6%
  • Other

Votes: 61 29.8%
Back