ATO Min/Max - Optical or Mechanical Sensors?

Lylelovett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

So I'm planning my ATO and am going to do a min/max set up - the lower sensor tells the controller when to open the solenoid and the upper tells it when to close the solenoid.

Is it better to use one mechanical and one optical or both the same?

If it's one of each, does one work better as upper vs lower?

Thanks for your expertise,
J

fishyguy7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use mechanical floats to tell my apex when to turn on and off. The lower one tells it to turn on and it has a program to only allow a max runtime of 90 minutes. The upper is a second failsafe. If you are running your RO/DI straight to the tank I would highly recommend running dual solenoids on the line to the tank. Run them on separate outlets on your controllers power bar.

OP
OP
Lylelovett

Lylelovett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use mechanical floats to tell my apex when to turn on and off. The lower one tells it to turn on and it has a program to only allow a max runtime of 90 minutes. The upper is a second failsafe. If you are running your RO/DI straight to the tank I would highly recommend running dual solenoids on the line to the tank. Run them on separate outlets on your controllers power bar.

Thanks.

I will have a 2nd solenoid connected to the Profilux leak detector that will shut down the RODI line.

AND I will have a mechanical float switch that the RODI flows through into the sump as a 3rd line of defense.

Last edited:
Back