ATO Peristaltic pump for long distance

dadarara

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking for suggestion for a Peristaltic pump.

Have about 3 meter for water to climb up and than about 7 meters to flow until reaching the "destination"

looking for cost to durability best ratio choice, and no need for any controller (e.g. VERSA type )
looked at SpectraPure Dosing pump but its 126$ , way too much I think.

thanks guys

Last edited:

TDEcoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think you're going to get anything that's durable for what you're looking to spend. The Kamoer FX-STP is the best budget peristaltic pump that I'm aware of. Then you've got Masterflex, but they're expensive unless you get really lucky.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think you're dealing with high enough head pressure for a traditional positive displacement peristaltic pump to overcome.

I wouldn't trust the pumps that use the spinning motor shaft to directly rotate the rollers. I would suggest something a little more robust. The best component that comes to mind is ecotech versa. It's far cheaper than fx-stp and performs just as well...

You're right that for an ato you don't need all those bells and whistles that come with versa software, because at the moment the only way to control versa as a top off is to control the power to the power supply...

I constantly read that they will eventually come out with sensors that can control your versa for ato purposes. But for the time being I personally turn on and off the versa via a controller.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 48 82.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.2%
Back