Set OFF
If ATO_LO OPEN Then ON
If ATO_HI CLOSED Then OFF
When On > 003:00 Then OFF
Defer 000:10 Then ON
Defer 000:05 Then OFF
Min Time 030:00 Then OFF
If G_Leak CLOSED Then OFF

Logs show it ran for 3-4 minutes then turned itself to “permanent off” two days ago. This has happened twice since setting it up. I also have two solenoids inline. Their commands are:

Fallback ON
Set ON
If Output ATO_1 = ON Then ON
If Output ATO_1 = OFF Then OFF
If G_Leak CLOSED Then OFF

Thanks in advance for any insight into what’s wrong. No leaks detected in that time either.

OP
OP
S

srobertb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Per Neptune, the 3:00 then off was shutting it down. The solution (per Neptune) was to increase it to 5:00 mins and reduce the min on time to 15.

rsumner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, the "When On > 003:00 Then OFF" statement is what is turning it off and causing it to error. I have my ATO pump connected to a Kalk reactor, so I restrict the flow of the ATO to a trickle. Because of this, my "When On" is set to >15min.

OP
OP
S

srobertb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, the "When On > 003:00 Then OFF" statement is what is turning it off and causing it to error. I have my ATO pump connected to a Kalk reactor, so I restrict the flow of the ATO to a trickle. Because of this, my "When On" is set to >15min.
Got ya. I’m using a high flow (but not really) peristaltic pump (it’s 70’ away from the tank). I had it connected to an autoaqua ATO and it would run every 5-10 minutes for 10-45 seconds so for some reason I thought 3mins/30mins would be fine but I was wrong.

I have reached out to Neptune to help with a “if ATO off, then alarm” notification as I can’t seem to set that up. So if I don’t check Apex every day, I have no idea the ATO isn’t running for in this instance, several days.

I have a 4” LLS I’m thinking about throwing in there as a backup but it’s one more wire and one more thing to deal with. I’ve asked Neptune about using that instead of the optical sensors (drop 2 sensors and wires for 1)and am waiting to hear back.

rsumner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have reached out to Neptune to help with a “if ATO off, then alarm” notification as I can’t seem to set that up. So if I don’t check Apex every day, I have no idea the ATO isn’t running for in this instance, several days.

The "When On" statement on the pump outlet will cause it to go into error state. Then, on your ALARM output, make sure you have "If Error ATOPUMP Then ON" where "ATOPUMP" should be replaced with the name of your pump outlet that has the "When On" statement.

This is all pre-configured if you use the Fusion quick-task.

slythy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is what I have been using for years and years on 2 tanks and never had an issue. There are 2 switches at the same height and then one at the bottom of the reservoir. If they are both closed for 6 hours then the pump will turn on until one of them opens back up. This way I always get the level I want, it doesnt run the pump dry and its got a built in safety if something happens to the switch.

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If ATO_S1 CLOSED Then ON
If ATO_S2 OPEN Then OFF
If ATO_R CLOSED Then OFF
Defer 360:00 Then ON

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am still trying to figure mine out. I thought from the task programing if it falls below the lower sensor, it turns on. then when it covers the lower sensor it turns off. how long does it take for the lower sensor to NOT see water?

slythy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am still trying to figure mine out. I thought from the task programing if it falls below the lower sensor, it turns on. then when it covers the lower sensor it turns off. how long does it take for the lower sensor to NOT see water?

is there a defer time? On my code above mine has to have both sensors low for 6 hours before it turns on. It stops the constant on off and if the water level changes from a snail or something it doesnt turn on

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is there a defer time? On my code above mine has to have both sensors low for 6 hours before it turns on. It stops the constant on off and if the water level changes from a snail or something it doesnt turn on
my defer time is only 10secs to on. I set it up using the task, but I did change the run time to 1:00 min because I have a small sump. But now I feel that maybe I have a bad lower sensor because the switch says closed when the water clearly is not covering it.

slythy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hat maybe I have a bad lower sensor because the switch says closed when the water clearly is

is it optical or a standard float? I use the cheapo float ones on my ato's. I did create one using optical sensors for my nano tank and every once in a while if it gets spashed on from the ato refill when its low then it wont ever come on until I manually fill it back up. Do you have the output logged? can you see if its trying to turn on for a second or not?

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is it optical or a standard float? I use the cheapo float ones on my ato's. I did create one using optical sensors for my nano tank and every once in a while if it gets spashed on from the ato refill when its low then it wont ever come on until I manually fill it back up. Do you have the output logged? can you see if its trying to turn on for a second or not?
It is the ATK with the high/low optical sensors. I started logging yesterday and it only shows when I manually turn it on. I think I may have to move it to a different part of the sump because it is facing a black panel less than an inch away and it may be affecting the laser

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back