ATO questions

Erick Merfeld

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 25, 2015
Messages
141
Reaction score
5
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a 55 gal tank. It is sumpless and ran by a canister filter. I am looking for a reliable and best bang for a buck ATO. I want to run it from some sort of tank not sure what yet. From the tank I want it pumped to the DT. I do not want a float system because it will be around creatures in the tank and I do not want the float to get stuck due to chemical build up or a snail.

What is everyones suggestions?
 
What I have done in situations like this is use a dosing pump for a certain length per day. Evaporation rate fluctuates, so after a week an adjustment still has to be made.
 
Tunze Osmolator 3155. Very quiet and uses an optical eye, so no moving parts. I just got one on black Friday and my life is much easier now.
 
Eshopps float valve, 5 years strong
The valve itself doesnt sit in the water :-)
 
Spectrapure UPLC-II. They don't come any more reliable or easy to set up. The adjustability from 1/10" to 4" at the touch of a button, its ability to suck water up multiple stories like from a basement or push water up vertically like 75 feet and multiple safety levels make it bulletproof. Mine has been in operation over 8 years and all I have done is replace the silicone peristaltic tube once.
 
What is the Tunze Osmolator's head rating for the pump that is included? I want something that will life water between 8 and 10 feet. Will this work? Since I do not have a sump the water will have to be lifted quite aways to reach the top of my tank.
 
It has a max height of 6.5ft. I have had it for a little over two years and no problems.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new