ATO Strong Magnet Warning -- Lesson Learned

Philt56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have issue where the pump still gets turned on even if the sensor is fully submerged? I sent mail to tunze support but curious if I got a bad unit. The sensor was an inch under water and the pump still ran enough to set off the safety float which was higher than the water level at the time.
I put the sensor underwater because I wanted some water to evaporate to get my salinity back up and figure then it would be at the right level to maintain.

mibwb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reason men get married is because? You're tired of your Mom telling you when you do something wrong or stupid because she loves you. So, you marry someone who tells you it's your fault or you've done something stupid because you love them.

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It wasn't this top off system that did it. But a buddy had a frag rack with a really strong magnet. He had the rack in the tank and was going to put the magnet on the outside. It slipped out of his hand smacked the tank and cracked the glass.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 26 29.5%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 17.0%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 23 26.1%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back