ATO systems

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Tunze one of the best and most popular.
Apex ATK great concept, but unreliable. For economy pricing, JBJ ato is a good unit.

Gernader

Reefing is a never-ending addiction...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Tunze 3155 is my recommendation

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As already said the Tunze Osmolator, no hesitation

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spectrapure fan here

Jib

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got the XP Aqua Duetto and really like it. Very compact which is perfect for my nano. The only downfall is the status LED is so bright I feel like I could light my tank with it...

Frances Hunter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Tunze osmolator and I’m not happy with it. Bought this summer worked great for a couple of months. Then pump stop working. I ordered another pump, this one did the same thing, except it never worked. I contacted Bulkreef who sent a message to Tunze. He had me test the pump Using a 9 volt battery and both pumps worked. So he sent me a replacement controller. I swapped them out and I’m having the same issue. I can feel the pump vibrating in the monitoring mode, but when the controller swaps to water pumping mode nothing happens.

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Currently using avast with my apex and its nice. Having said that i decided to buy a spectrapure from off the forums here as an upgrade...

reefteaser

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve used the Tunze 3155 for a few years now on my 115 gal with no issues at all, except I have to keep an eye on the optical sensor. It’s in the same sump compartment that my 2 part gets dosed into, and occasional a film builds up. If I go too long without cleaning it doesn’t sense the water level. Otherwise, it’s been great, and the pump is as strong as new (so far).
I bought the aquahub float switch kit from BRS 2 years ago for my 30 gal. I use a pump I already had and it continues to work perfectly. You supply the pump of your choice. Older tech, but it uses a primary float and a secondary safety float switch, so very reliable as long as the switches are periodically cleaned.

PatW

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want an inexpensive option, you can go to auto top off.com. They sell a variety of systems and they work pretty well.

Sandbox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spectrapure fan here

Hi, I’m looking into this system. Can you please tell me a little bit about it and how long you’ve had it? Thank you.

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I’m looking into this system. Can you please tell me a little bit about it and how long you’ve had it? Thank you.
I’ve been using the ATO for a couple years now. Prior to that, I used their liter meter III for 20 ish years as an ATO. The systems are similar but not exactly the same.

Spectrapure equipment reliability is extremely high. I use their pumps and liter meter III for ATO and AWC as well. Again, extremely reliable.

With the ATO, I like the fact that I can very slowly add water periodically all day long (a predetermined maximum for me). That plus the tube pressure switch provide a strong level of redundancy. The tube style pressure switch is the same types as the liter meter system which has not failed or needed cleaning for me in over 20 years.

Any specifics you want to know?

Sandbox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been using the ATO for a couple years now. Prior to that, I used their liter meter III for 20 ish years as an ATO. The systems are similar but not exactly the same.

Spectrapure equipment reliability is extremely high. I use their pumps and liter meter III for ATO and AWC as well. Again, extremely reliable.

With the ATO, I like the fact that I can very slowly add water periodically all day long (a predetermined maximum for me). That plus the tube pressure switch provide a strong level of redundancy. The tube style pressure switch is the same types as the liter meter system which has not failed or needed cleaning for me in over 20 years.

Any specifics you want to know?
Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. I really appreciate it. Do you have it plugged into a controller?

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. I really appreciate it. Do you have it plugged into a controller?
No. I like keeping some equipment (ATO, AWC, redundant return pump) outside of my Apex controller. The spectrapure systems so far are more reliable than my apex so adding them to the controller would actually reduce the reliability of the systems. I do, however, keep my alkalinity and calcium system (kalk and 2 part also via a liter meter 3 system) ”controlled” with my alkatronic.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back