ATO: Tunze 3155 vs standalone Neptune ATK V2

Monkeyclaw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have a review or comparison of the Tunze 3155 vs the Neptune ATK V2? I'm planning on getting an Apex at some point, but I realize you don't need the Apex for either, and both can be used with an Apex.

I'm looking to see if there is an advantage to the ATK with an Apex, and if both perform the same as standalone systems. I've heard great things about the Tunze but haven't heard much about the ATK at all.

Thanks!

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both in operation, I have the ATK V2 in my S650 with Apex and I have the Tunze Osmolator in my large system

Originally I was going to have the ATK in my large system, that’s why I purchased it, but I tested in in my S650 first as a trial. (The S650 had the Tunze in for 4 years) It failed out of the box and nearly every part was replaced by Neptune before it worked. And I mean. Power adapter, pump, FMM. And when the replacement pump arrived it was jammed and had to be taken apart. The Neptune service was good though!

To be fair, it’s worked fine every since

So because of this, I purchased another Tunze with an outlet socket (for larger systems that need a different more powerful pump) for my large system which has been faultless

With the ATK if it fails, if it’s connected to Apex you will get an alert and you can program all sorts of things, whereas the Tunze you would need float switches or level sensors and a breakout box to let you know, which is what I installed in my large system in case it failed.

To be honest, forgetting the issues I had, they both work well so I think do your research, read a few reviews etc and then you can make a decision,

If either ever failed, I would replace them with the Tunze Osmolator but that’s my personal preference from experience with both.

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is no contest that the tunze is the best, people use atk for more control and like having a "total system" .

I say, dont have all your eggs in the same basket, and anyway tunze is better, I have three and never had one fail.

ducati1212

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This came with the new reefer tank so I used it my other tank with a neptune is still up and running so I could not reuse that ato. I think I will see if they replace it and try 1 more time then ill buy a tunze. Maybe ill even buy one just to have in. I wish it had an app or something I travel a lot and like to monitor my tank.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back