ato???

saixiong08

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 28, 2013
Messages
162
Reaction score
41
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 5 gallon tank, now normally i wouldn't mind just topping water in my tank, but sometimes im out of town for the weekend. Do you guys have a ato in your tank? any suggestions? any diy thread?
 
You could do a simple gravity fed DIY for a tank that size. Should cover you for a weekend.
 
yes, i've been watching youtube, and thinking about something simple for the days im not home
 
I run the Tunze nano ATO for my nuvo40 and it works great
 
I like the clever use of the 12V pump in the first link. Some of the ATO float valves necessarily require a pump plug and a 12v adapter for the float switch which can get annoying when you only have so many plugs available.
yup. The 12v pumps are $4 to replace, the floats are .99c. I run all my DC from a $15 single central power supply. I do the same for my 24v as well.
 
None of you think these systems are overkill for a 5g tank? A simple inverted 2L is all that you need to go away for a weekend like the OP asked for. :)
 
None of you think these systems are overkill for a 5g tank? A simple inverted 2L is all that you need to go away for a weekend like the OP asked for. :)
I had that system I posted on my 5g for 2.5 years. an ato is a MUST on a nano Pico, IMO. If you want corals anyway.
 
I had that system I posted on my 5g for 2.5 years. an ato is a MUST on a nano Pico, IMO. If you want corals anyway.
Agreed. I still think a 2L bottle is the way to go :p
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new